agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
View attachment 44029

My stocker in the background and the newy up front. Deeper rear higher pommel more curve pass. seat more padding and former all round will post more once the bike is washed over the w/end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sory bout the spillong, fat fingers!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
nothing yet, gonna make sure I am really happy with the modded one first up.
Ive only done 5 km on it to get home and that was withthe stocker on my back not real comfy. But I can say that i fell more"in" the bike, and the original flat seat with really defined edges is somethimng I wont miss. that was a killer after 1.5 hrs in the saddle.
But I know seats are in high demand, and if I'm selling I'll pm you first up
good call!!!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay as promised here is aliitle bit of history, please read on:http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...9-fz6n-non-mechanical-owner-3.html#post372178
This is the original post by Alexiano, who bought the seat from someone in Queensland not long after he bought his FZ6, he originally wanted it so he could get a better toe touch on the ground. I suspect like most of us, he found that after a couple of weeks the rear spring sagged a little and we got used to the bikes weight and balance.
Anyway as Alex said to me on the phone, the seat had already been shaved to accomodate a shorter legged rider, so it sounded like a perfect strating point for yours truly. To be honest the shave had actually accentuated the incline into the tank so wasn't really perfect, but did give me a few options for MODDING
So Alex wanted to shift the seat from his storage and I was keen to et my hands on a seat to mod.
We struck a deal, I hope he is as happy with the outcome as I am (Above are his original posts and a few comments from others on the forum)

So how did all this come about

I had spoken with Australian Comfy Motorcycle Seats back in Feb this year to get an idea of the cost of a mod after seeing a perfect seat for sale for $200 at the Vic Motorcycle Wreckers when I was seeking parts for KillerNoodle's clutch mod. So at the time it was all too expensive for me to even consider until Alex posted his seat for sale. I jumped at it and we settled our deal in about 24 hours

this is the address for ACM
ACM Seats

So I rang Peter at ACM about 2 weeks back, he remembered our phone conversation and I dropped in Monday a fortnight ago, gave him my brief and he said 10-14 days.
So Friday just gone I went to collect the seat.
As you can hopefuly see from my pics he has covered the majority of the seat in a Carbon Fibre style grippa vinyl, he has added a pommel to the passengers part of the seat so my missus w''on't slide into me when she's on the back.
He has smoothed out the slightly bodgy original shave that was done to the seat in Queensland and then added foam to the pommel of the front section so the incline to the tank is much more gentle... no more crushed nadgies when breaking heavily. and the really nice touch is taking the flatness from the seat and the defined edges of the sides and making it a much gentler transition from where your derriere is to where your inner thighs are. This is the bit that used to really get me after about 90minutes of riding.
I hope some of the photos show what I am talking about

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
comfortable seats

Hi all,
I just spent a week back on the stock "plank" of a seat.....

a bit of history:

couple of years ago, I looked into the options here in Australia and we aresomewhat liited, No Spencers etc. so the only option is to find a custom upholsterer.
There are a few around, I chose a local guy that goes by the business name Austarlian Comfy Mortorcycle seats,
anyway I bought a seat off an S1 from a fellow member. This seat had had a bit of chopping done to it, but the frame was sound and it had no cracks.

Took it to the "masn" and he did what I asked... smoothed out the pommel so it wasnt as flat, took a little out of the back of my seat so it was a bit flatter and added 1 cm for the pillion for Kez( the misuus)

all good.... for a while

I figured it still ahd too much angle so I would slide down to the tank especially under heavy braking. And Kez said that after 1 hour she still found it a bit hard.

So I decide it wa tiome to do a rebuild. I went back to the same guy, with a new set of specs. We talkked about Kez's weight, and my issues.

He has added 1 cm to the pommel and 2 cm to the pillion pad and put in a softer foam.

Kez and I will trial it this w/end.
I rode home 3 km with my refurbished seat and found it so soft to start with aftyer the hardness of the stocker, but in the ten minutes it took to get home I got used to it and its much much better.

I'll keep you posted on the opinion from Kez.

But I for one will only revert to the stocker if I need to for whatever dodgy reason takes my comfy one off me.
I think I have some pics of the previous versions
I'll chuck some comparo pics on tomorrow
cheers all
ade

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
so updated pic of the latest seat. Its a lot softer than the original plank and the revamped version I had on it, I am hoping that it gives me longer in the saddle without gettin that tingly 'I need a walk feeling"
certainly the pillion section is much better padded!

Last edited: