My R1's in the April SSB magazine.

carbonar1

....as a kite
Reaction score
Visit site
:BLAA:Check out this months Super Streetbike Magazine for a feature on my endurance style 06 R1.

Here's a teaser...

0Mm218H.jpg

utpwlVJ.jpg

Unfortunately it'll take a month or more for it to arrive in Aus, by bottle on the ocean currents! So you you US guys will have it before me....enjoy. :)

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
Is this the one from one of the other aussie forums? the one that got built then went down the road and upgraded even more! if it is, you owe me a new laptop from all the drool reading that thread!

carbonar1

....as a kite
Reaction score
Visit site
Is this the one from one of the other aussie forums? the one that got built then went down the road and upgraded even more! if it is, you owe me a new laptop from all the drool reading that thread!

Yeah...I'm on ASB and R1f as well....

Cheers, and wear a bib! :thumbup:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I remember you from the R1 forum!

Lol

Good times. Good times.

That's sweet though and definitely an inspiring read. Will keep an eye out for the magazine. Thanks for posting.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations! I think the pre 09's were the prettiest R1's ever! :)

n0other

biker wannabe
Reaction score
Visit site
This is a beautiful R1. Is this an international magazine, if so, how did you get featured in it, did they find your (excellent) bike on the forums?

I'm a noob rider, never been to the track but somehow can't get rid of that bug to get 04 R1 after FZ6, must be the looks/underseat exhaust that's dragging me in. Since you have both, how do you think these bikes compare in terms of power and street ride-ability? Does FZ seem slow to you after riding your R1?

Last edited:

megatronixs

Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up the SSB magazine yesterday and my favorite section on the issue is the R1 that thing is built so perfect. High five on your R1. :rockon:

carbonar1

....as a kite
Reaction score
Visit site
This is a beautiful R1. Is this an international magazine, if so, how did you get featured in it, did they find your (excellent) bike on the forums?

I'm a noob rider, never been to the track but somehow can't get rid of that bug to get 04 R1 after FZ6, must be the looks/underseat exhaust that's dragging me in. Since you have both, how do you think these bikes compare in terms of power and street ride-ability? Does FZ seem slow to you after riding your R1?

Thank you very much. :)

My friend Chris from the US R1 forum, had his black 09R1 featured last year in SSB. He gave them my name and they contacted me.

The FZ is really no comparison to that R1... My 06 R1 weighs 180kg fully fueled and makes 174 BHP at the wheel. It has a moderately worked engine with race cams and a quickshifter. It accelerates so fast and shifts through the gears so seamlessly it's hard to describe. It's like a bullet out of a gun. And it's so light to steer that I only have to touch it ever so lightly and it's on it's ear. It has full Ohlins race suspension, carbon wheels and carbon ceramic brakes. It's as easy to peel into turn one at Phillip Island, at 270kmph, as it is to turn into a car park at 20kmph. It's a mind blowing machine.

The FZ6 is like a supermotard in comparison. It weighs over 200kgs fueled and makes under 100hp. It's soft and gentle, with a comfy upright position and excellent leverage. I can chuck it around through the tightest technical corners almost as fast as the R1, and it's perfect for that. I've toured to P.I. (a 2,500km round trip, via the G.O.R.) on it, and it was comfortable, but it sits on much higher revs than a 1000cc does at a touring speed. And that is tiring over long distances.

They're very different machines...the FZ is as fast in some situations, and a lot more comfortable. The R1 is extreme and ballistic, and leaves the FZ for dead. It requires a lot more commitment and concentration. I highly recommend an 04-08 R1. They're a fantastic machine as an entry into 1000cc sportsbikes.

I picked up the SSB magazine yesterday and my favorite section on the issue is the R1 that thing is built so perfect. High five on your R1. :rockon:

Thanks a lot man. :thumbup:

Last edited: