My Trip to Germany

driver145

Reaction score
Visit site
I lived in Spain for 5 months recently and when I went to Germany I spent my first 24 hours in a car. Just thought I would share a few videos. I visited the Nürburgring (biggest and most challenging racetrack in the world) when I first got the car and went back and drove a lap the next morning after driving on the autobahn all night. It was the coolest 24 hour vacation I have ever had. Unfortunately, I could not film the "ring" lap.

Here are the two best videos I have and I have two more on my youtube profile:

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=cCl992yDYJY&feature=user"]YouTube - Autobahn Experience[/ame]
[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=A6xh2ECMO9o&feature=user"]YouTube - Cruising the Autobahn (120-140mph)[/ame]

J

jsteinb95

That's insane. Very cool. The fastest I've been in a car is 140 mph (in a 65 mph):D

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A Merc on an autobahn...even if you had the clock off the dial it would not be really impressive.

In real terms 140 is not fast in Germany. Some of those Porches sneak up on you a lot quicker than that...a lot quicker.

Nice sky though.

Steve

M

MSunder

A Merc on an autobahn...even if you had the clock off the dial it would not be really impressive.

In real terms 140 is not fast in Germany. Some of those Porches sneak up on you a lot quicker than that...a lot quicker.

Nice sky though.

Steve

Yeah, sometimes in the summer, when I ride my bike by around 140-150 on the Autobahn, some Porsche´s, Ferrari´s and kind of, flew by, by their max speed I think. One day a friend of mine, was riding his Kawa 1400ZZR by around 300Km/h( ca. 180Mph ). Then he has seen lights in his mirror, which came fast closer. He makes the way free, and a Golf V R32 get´s thru.

Last edited by a moderator:

driver145

Reaction score
Visit site
I topped out the fastest car the rental company would give me. I do not consider that video all too impressive in autobahn terms. However, being a car enthusiast and finally experiencing complete freedom was awesome (as opposed to sitting behind two cars on the interstate going the same speed side-by-side). When I am older and have more money I will rent a faster car.