My upgrade road map as I see it currently...

RCPMg33k

Squid
Reaction score
www.azpeacemakers.com
Hey all,

New squid here...

I posted over in the welcome thread a week or so ago, but this is really my first real contribution thread.

First I want to thank ALL of you! I haven't had to ask for ANYTHING yet. All the questions I've had so far have all already been answered in already existing threads. All I've had to do is search and then skim the threads in my search results. You guys and gals rock!

Anyways, with that said I wanted to post my current list of wants and wishes for my new (to me) 2005 FZ6. It currently has a few shy of 29000 miles on it. I bought it from some kid who really rode the hell out of it and seems to have only done the bare minimum to keep it up.

It's mechanically sound but dirty as sin and appears to have gone down at low speed on both sides of the bike. Bar ends, levers, both pieces of cowling and a few covers on the motor have road rash. Nothing important (cough FORKS cough) looks bent and the bike handles well. I've had it up to 90mph on the highway and get no wobble. Forks and brakes dont appear to leak....In short all that is wrong appears cosmetic so far.

Here is a pic...
IMG_20111205_092013.jpg

So here is my current list of what I want for this bike...

My Motorcycle Modification Wish List

NECESSITIES:
Oil Filter/Spark Plugs/Fluids/Chain Lube/Engine Degreaser/MC oil drain tub

MOD GROUP 1
Plate light
Magic Spots $12.95/each
Magic Spots
The previous owner put on a fender eliminator and didnt transfer the plate light. In my state, this bike is no longer street legal while missing this. It's a must have if I am going to ride at night.

Tank Guard Sticker
KEITI TANK PROTECTORS $25.95
Part #: 219393
APPLICATION: Yamaha
DESIGN: Graphic
COLOR (SECONDARY): Black
COLOR: Blue
MARKETING COLOR: Blue
QUANTITY: 1 Each
DESCRIPTION: Tuning Fork; STYLE: 4
Keiti Additions KEITI TANK PROTECTORS from The Helmet Center

Frame Sliders/Fork HubSliders/Swing Arm Hub Sliders
PSR Frame Sliders
Black - No Adapter or Mods Required - $40.99
PSR Frame Sliders - Street Bike 2005 Yamaha FZ6 - Motorcycle Superstore

Still toying with hub sliders for the rear swing arm and front fork.

Not sure why he didnt put sliders on. It would have saved me $400 in plastics if he had...not to mention a few other items that will need replacing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
MOD GROUP 2
Tail light
MotoDynamic.com 2003-2009 Yamaha FZ6 Sequential LED Tail Lights Clear
Product ID: Y-8FZ6-C
Price: $74.95
2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 Yamaha FZ6 Sequential LED Tail Light Motodynamic.com

Turn Signals
REAR
LP USA MAKO LONG STALK LED TURN SIGNAL CARBON/CLEAR LONG STALK
SKU 122-8603
Weight 1.00 lbs
Color CARBON/CLEAR
Our price: $44.95

FRONT
LP USA MAKO SHORT STALK LED TURN SIGNAL CARBON/CLEAR SHORT STALK
SKU 122-8602
Weight 1.00 lbs
Color CARBON/CLEAR
Our price: $44.95
Lockhart Phillips USA: The Sportibke Connection & Your #1 Accessories Supplier For Over 25 Years

Flasher Relay Module
ELFR-1 Plug-And-Play Electronic LED Flasher Relay
MSRP: $24.99 SALE: $19.98!
Custom LED Electronic LED Flasher Blinker Relay - Plug And Play

Motogiro's Dual Headlight Mod
$35.00
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/37355-universal-head-lamp-conversion-relay.html
MOD GROUP 3
Bar Ends
Blue 36P-F62C0-U0-00
$52.95
Yamaha FZ6 Accessories, Yamaha FZ6 Bar Ends

Grips
Harris FZ6 Yamaha Hand Grips
Price: $21.19
Harris FZ6 Yamaha Hand Grips - Motorcycle Sports Bike Racing Hand Grips Body Parts

Clutch/Brake Levers
The2Wheels CNC Adjustable Clutch Brake Levers Set for Yamaha
Price $36.99
CNC Adjustable Clutch Brake Levers Set for BMW
MOD GROUP 4
HID Projection headlight Mod with Angel Eyes and Audi style LED strips.
New OEM front cowling
New OEM rear cowling
Puig windscreen...havent decided which style yet though.

Will price all after completing Mod Group 3 as this will most likely be the most costly Mod Group.
MOD GROUP 5
Chain Guard/Rear Hugger
FZ6/Fazer 04-08 Hugger
[982120]
TCP webshop
179 euros = 241.1309 US dollars
Also replace any other scraped up items that need replacing due to previous owner’s negligence. (Valve cover, tranny cover, etc.)
Pegs both front and rear.

Previous owner removed the rear hugger/chain guard. He thought it made the bike look "cleaner". If you could see the underside of my bike currently...you might disagree. 0_0 I didn't really like the OEM one anyways. This one is "cleaner" looking in my opinion. ;-)
MOD GROUP 6
To be determined if necessary...possibly a slip on exhaust either 2 Bros. or Scorpion. This depends on the loss of fuel economy though. If I gain 2-4hp but lose 6-10mpg, it just won't be worth it for me.

So that's my current list. I'm open to suggestions...or if you know where to get better prices than I've listed...or comments or whatever.

Like I said. I think you guys about walk on water at this point as far as knowledge base goes. I'd appreciate whatever y'all got for me.

Also, I'm not looking to supe the bike up. I just want it to look good. It has plenty of power stock. My main motivation for buying the bike is fuel economy. I drive 40 miles one way to work...so 80 miles a day time 5 days a week = a lot of quid in petrol! I'd be happy to hear of any mods that would increase performance without sacrificing fuel economy though.

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Go for HVMP bar ends, they weigh in at 17.5 oz and trim out most vibration. damn fine buy. Cost me about $100 shipped to Aus. lots of folks have put them on, their opinions were what swayed me

OH and welcome, this is a mighty fine forum

Last edited:

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Motogiro's Dual Headlight Mod

No offence to the mentioned mod, But I prefer BD34's version, where you wire it up properly without slicing and splicing any wires. Much cleaner.

Other mod I recommend is the FZ1 handlebar.

Exhaust; did you have a look at the akrapovic cans?? With the dbkiller inserted the sound is deeper then stock, but not as annoying and loud as the 2bros. when communting a loud exhaust annoyed the hell out of me. I had a fz1 with akra without the killer, now I have a r1200gsa with stock exhaust, and enjoy the silence.

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

opfpqgoon

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my 08 FZ6 with the scorpions already on them (stainless steel no DB killer) and they haven't seemed to mess with my economy at all. I get about 45 mpg just putting around and keeping rmps below 7k. They are nice and deep and give a great sound to the already great engine. Even without the DB killers they aren't all that annoying to the ears over long riding periods.

Just an FYI, hope it's useful.