Name of your Bike(s) (Cars too)

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking about this topic when another member mentioned that it's improper to name a vehicle a male name...which I always do, so I figured it'd be fun for everyone to post up their vehicle(s) names so we all can see! (maybe back story if there is one?)

I'll start

BIKES
Ninja 250 **Gone**: Pip
--Sounded like it went Pippipipipipip when idling so it fit

FZ6 **Current**: Blitz
--Wanted a fast sounding name that was one syllable...I named it before really getting to know it, otherwise I'd probably name it Two-Face from its personality haha

AUTOMOBILES
1986 Jeep Comanche **Gone**: Old Bud
--License plate it came with said Old Bud and it kind of stuck

1993 Jeep Cherokee **Gone**: Warcry
--Thing was just such a banshee and I drove it like a mad man, and it was bright red like blood so...Idk...

1997 Saturn SL2 **Gone**: Buzz
--Had a fair bit of vibration when idling, probably needed a motor mount or two haha, and there was a giant leaf stuck on my rear window one day so I thought "Buzz Leafyear" and just shortened it to Buzz

2001 Saturn SC2 **Current*: Spork
--It's silver, smoothly aerodynamic (like a Spoon?) and can really stab through corners sharply (like a Fork?).

erburtt

Reaction score
Visit site
When I was drinking one night I was at my now ex-gf's friends house with her, I told her friend we had an addition to the family which she obviously freaked out about, I then jingled my newly acquired FZ6 keys in her face and said "yeah her names Petunia".

No idea why I said it lol

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
2006 Yamaha FZ-6 - (white!)
(Deadly Little) Miho - named after the Japanese call girl from (Sin City)

2006 Volvo S60R - 6spMT Silver
Sven - just a good Swedish name. (After all, he's got the flag and a Thule rack on top)

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Tacoma: "Betsy"
Saab 9-3 convertible: she doesn't have a name
'07 FZ-6: "Fizzer"
'09 BMW R1200GS: "Pig"

Karate.Snoopy

Reaction score
Visit site
Since my life revolves around my 2 sons, I had to go with the name most popular and loved by my 3 year old... SHAKIRA...for my orange ST3, might change to Princess ELSA after we watch Frozen this evening :rolleyes:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't usually name my vehicles but if I do I rarely use the name in actual conversation but here's a few.

Had a black Honda Prelude I bought for a song to fix up and that was - Black Betty

Red old skool 4WS Honda Prelude project I bought names - Jeanette after my red-head college girlfriend.

No other cages have been named but...

My FZ6 - The Blue Mantis

My Silver 2007 Victory Kingpin Touring Cruiser - The Silver Streak (My riding buddies gave it that name and it stuck)

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Was talking about this very subject the other day with someone at work. Of all the vehicles I've owned over the last 40+ years, I've only named two of them. I had a '62 TR4 which I named Rosie (haven't the foggiest why, other than it was a deep maroon color) and a '64 International Scout, which I called Tonto. (Bad pun, I know, but I was only 23)

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
My red fz09- hemorrhage because it's fast and it will kill you. B)

Red 96 cutlass supreme 2dr. "The cutt"

06 kia optima(wife's)- Parkinson's because it shakes like a dog for some reason.

If I had a race horse I would name it "left lane yamaha"

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I have observed that people who tend to keep vehicles or bikes for a LONG time (7 years or more) are far more likely to name their vehicles.

Those people who trade in their old car because it's 2 years old or keep a motorcycle one season and sell for a new one will probably not use names.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have observed that people who tend to keep vehicles or bikes for a LONG time (7 years or more) are far more likely to name their vehicles.

Those people who trade in their old car because it's 2 years old or keep a motorcycle one season and sell for a new one will probably not use names.
Indeed! It always makes one second guess getting rid of a "friend" when they're named.