Nascar

ste

Surfing the ethernet
Reaction score
Visit site
i just seen my first nascar race recently beamed live over the pond
But a quick question
Do those nascar drivers get dizzy or light headed from driving around in circles for hundreds of laps?
because when i was young at the playground on the roundabout
and it would spin crazy fast
but getting off and it feels like the world is spinning around
:confused:

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
WOO!!! GO FAST, TURN LEFT!!! WOOOOO!!!

I've always liked NASCAR, but tend to watch other kinds of racing. They're more exciting.

And to answer the question... No. They turn left, go straight for .75-1.0 miles, then turn left again. Why is the track like that you ask? NASCAR started on dirt horse tracks. ;)

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Not at all. It's not a short radius like that playground toy. Completely different.

Another fun tidbit, all but the road courses are run counter clockwise. Watkins Glen and Sonoma are both run clockwise.

ste

Surfing the ethernet
Reaction score
Visit site
Not at all. It's not a short radius like that playground toy. Completely different.

Another fun tidbit, all but the road courses are run counter clockwise. Watkins Glen and Sonoma are both run clockwise.
very interesting tidbit there

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
The drivers don't get dizzy, just the people watching them on TV do. :BLAA:

I watch NASCAR races because my dh does. At first, I wondered what the big deal was. But now I sort of get it. I'd still rather be on my bike, though.

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site

I watch NASCAR races because my dh does. At first, I wondered what the big deal was. But now I sort of get it. I'd still rather be on my bike, though.

It's a heck of a lot more interesting to watch than Formula 1 or Indy. There, there's hardly any passing, and there's way too much technology involved.

ste

Surfing the ethernet
Reaction score
Visit site
It's a heck of a lot more interesting to watch than Formula 1 or Indy. There, there's hardly any passing, and there's way too much technology involved.
personally i prefer the world touring cars or german dtm
bike wise im really nuts about moto gp
and the british superbikes and world superbikes
i do also like freestyle moto cross such as red bull fmx or night of the jumps
but nascar seemed unusual to me, maybe its because it was my first time and i didnt understand the rules
but DownrangeFuture mentioned that it started on dirt horse tracks
now that seems like fun and something id would like to try myself

ste

Surfing the ethernet
Reaction score
Visit site

is it true that the red fz6's are slower than the blue fazer fz6's

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
personally i prefer the world touring cars or german dtm
bike wise im really nuts about moto gp
and the british superbikes and world superbikes
i do also like freestyle moto cross such as red bull fmx or night of the jumps
but nascar seemed unusual to me, maybe its because it was my first time and i didnt understand the rules
but DownrangeFuture mentioned that it started on dirt horse tracks
now that seems like fun and something id would like to try myself

Here's a little history:

NASCAR got started in the south where they make moonshine. Since making moonshine and selling it was (and is) illegal, the drivers had to be better drivers and have faster cars than the cops. Eventually, these drivers, as all men do, started to brag about how fast their cars were and saying they were the best drivers, so they started having races. Eventually they stopped making moonshine and started working on their cars to make them faster, taking stock cars, modifying them, and racing them (NASCAR stands for National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing). Up until this year they still ran carbureted 350 cubic inch V8's, when they switched over to fuel injection.

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I enjoyed watching it in person more that on TV. It's easy to watch when they are just going around the track. I also understand that part of the entertainment is in the crashes.

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
I enjoyed watching it in person more that on TV. It's easy to watch when they are just going around the track. I also understand that part of the entertainment is in the crashes.

I can appreciate the safety equipment more than the actual crashes. They give me the willies. Two hundred miles an hour to zero, instantly. Not even a concussion. But still, eek!

Sadly, dh refuses to get me a Hans device for my minivan.

is it true that the red fz6's are slower than the blue fazer fz6's

Pfffft!

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
For us the old fart, some of us might remember... Cart at Nazareth. I wasn't there because I was too young... LOL I've been told the last time Cart (IndyCar) race there they cancel the race. They were going so fast with so much down force that drivers were getting dizzy after 3-4 laps. Not something to worry about in Nascar.

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I can appreciate the safety equipment more than the actual crashes. They give me the willies. Two hundred miles an hour to zero, instantly. Not even a concussion. But still, eek!

I agree, it's great the way they have made it safer for the driver and it's sad to hear of drivers being killed in those wrecks as well.

I think this is the reason my wife wants me to have my life insurance and health insurance up to date before I go out doing track days. :BLAA:

Red is the faster one!

patrickb37

Reaction score
Visit site
I've never watched NASCAR on TV or in person and have no desire to. But I did do the NASCAR driving experience in Irwindale and it was a ton of fun. The corners were my favorite part - those cars have unbelievable grip!

ste

Surfing the ethernet
Reaction score
Visit site
indy
now that and cart are 2 ive never seen
i heard they are a form of car racing
but thats all i know

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
They did start on dirt, and almost every single driver in NASCAR started on dirt to this day. You can catch dirt races on ESPN 27 or whatever it is these days. You know, the ESPN where they show ping pong tournaments, bowling, and paint drying races. lol.

ste

Surfing the ethernet
Reaction score
Visit site
They did start on dirt, and almost every single driver in NASCAR started on dirt to this day. You can catch dirt races on ESPN 27 or whatever it is these days. You know, the ESPN where they show ping pong tournaments, bowling, and paint drying races. lol.
im so bored right now that paint drying races sounds
very a peeling lol
so ill switch over to espn now so
;)