Need 2 new Front Rotors any one selling/part out

SAAVA

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like I need a new left front rotor for an 08 FZ6, but it is probably better to replace both sides at the same time. Four Questions: 1. Tell me if I wrong in that assumption.

Given the miles I have on the bike I'd prefer to pick up someone's low mileage ones that are in good shape than buy new. 2. Does anyone here have a set for sale?

3. Also, I have seen quite a few FZ6R for sale on ebay that look identical to mine. Does anyone know if they will work or tell me a way to check?

4. Finally, are the 04-06 rotors also compatible with my 08 as they look slightly different?

Thanks.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like I need a new left front rotor for an 08 FZ6, but it is probably better to replace both sides at the same time. Four Questions: 1. Tell me if I wrong in that assumption.

Given the miles I have on the bike I'd prefer to pick up someone's low mileage ones that are in good shape than buy new. 2. Does anyone here have a set for sale?

3. Also, I have seen quite a few FZ6R for sale on ebay that look identical to mine. Does anyone know if they will work or tell me a way to check?

4. Finally, are the 04-06 rotors also compatible with my 08 as they look slightly different?

Thanks.

SAAVA, I moved your thread, hopefully it will get more attention here.

IMO pairs are not required but very desirable especially should you pair and OEM material to "something else" because it says it will fit. Me personally, yes, I want a new pair from the same origin.

On boats.net and other sites they have listings with both the parts fische and PN. Look here.
S2 - no ABS
1 5VX-2581T-01-00 DISC BRAKE ASSY
2 90109-064G6-00 BOLT

WHERE USED - shows the Bikes this Applies too. --> 5VX-2581T-01-00 YAMAHA DISK BRAKE ASSY It includes an 06-09 FZ6 and others! FZ6-R is not one of them. :(

Where used on the 04-05 years...
5VX-2581T-00-00 YAMAHA DISK BRAKE ASSY

Notice the minor rev roll and the early part is now rolled to the later PN.
The parts are interchangeable....

SAAVA

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks. If I read it correctly I can purchase rotors from an 06-09 FZ6 or oddly enough a 09-13 raider. I think I'll stick with FZ6 ones, I don't want to slow my bike down any and feel like I have to start riding in just a bandana, vest and chaps!

On boats.net and other sites they have listings with both the parts fische and PN. Look here.
S2 - no ABS
1 5VX-2581T-01-00 DISC BRAKE ASSY
2 90109-064G6-00 BOLT

WHERE USED - shows the Bikes this Applies too. --> 5VX-2581T-01-00 YAMAHA DISK BRAKE ASSY It includes an 06-09 FZ6 and others! FZ6-R is not one of them. :(

Where used on the 04-05 years...
5VX-2581T-00-00 YAMAHA DISK BRAKE ASSY

Notice the minor rev roll and the early part is now rolled to the later PN.
The parts are interchangeable....[/QUOTE]

petergreko

limits are for suckers
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you say you bought already? I have a whole front wheel off an 08 that I was parting out. Rotors are in good condition as is rim. Tire itself is garbage though.

SAAVA

Reaction score
Visit site
Did you say you bought already? I have a whole front wheel off an 08 that I was parting out. Rotors are in good condition as is rim. Tire itself is garbage though.

I am hopefully all set for now, but I'll let you know if something crops up. I might need some rotor bolts given that mine are corroded, but wouldn't know until I have it off. I moved quickly since this is my daily commuter.