New bike + new jacket = new helmet and gloves? I think so...

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
So I just got my black '08 FZ6 a little over a week ago, and I decided my riding gear DID NOT look good with it (as I was wearing all black/grey stuff...)

So I upgraded from this: Xelement Men's Black and Silver Motorcycle Jacket with Breathable 3 Way Lining and Level 3 Armor

to this: Alpinestars T-GP-R Air Jacket - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

Got a great deal on it, only $204 + tax from the local dealer!

Anyway, it's time for a helmet upgrade soon... :D

I'm looking to keep the color scheme going as I really like the black/white/high viz yellow.

I'm just wondering what other people have found as far as helmets go. :) I love This one..., but I really can't pull the $450 trigger... :(

I've heard good things about HJC, scorpion, and Icon. They have some nice looking helmets, too!

Oh, and just asking about gloves as well, i haven't found any that have the yellow included, but I don't know all of what's out there!

Thanks!!!

lastlaugh

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an HJC IS-16. I like the integrated sunshield but after a year the fit and finish is not what it once was. I plan on getting a nicer helmet this year. 450 is not that much considering it is the single most important piece of equipment you will buy.

crowelor

Reaction score
Visit site
I also like Scorpion. I have an EX0-700 in Hi-Viz and I like the fit. I also got an EXO-900 Transformer in Hi-Viz last Christmas for longer rides so I could have the built in Sun Visor and the flip up face for eating and drinking. The modular helmet is louder and heavier, but I think both are common complaints for modular helmets.

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
HJC and Shark for me!! :cheer:

The HJC RPS-10 (color Dark Yellow, +- $350), Shark Racer-R (color; Kristo White Yellow Black, +-450-500) or the Shark Racer-R Pro (color; Redding Mat Black Yellow White, +- $700 :eek:) should look nice with your outfit as well :)

Grtz,

Degake

Last edited:

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got a scorpion exo-700 in hi-viz. Fit is great, wicking lining is soft and actually works, and vents actually flow air! lol great lid for a great price

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Interested in selling your used jacket? if so how much? :)

I wear a Scorpion EXO-700. Had one save my life, so gonna stick with them. Also have an EXO-900, but its too bulky for me, so my wife wears it when she rides with me.

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Interested in selling your used jacket? if so how much? :)

I wear a Scorpion EXO-700. Had one save my life, so gonna stick with them. Also have an EXO-900, but its too bulky for me, so my wife wears it when she rides with me.

The X-Element one? I never really thought of selling it since the left side zipper doesn't work right (probably an easy fix)

It's a size large, I used it for a year and there are scratches on the shoulder armor from where I rubbed up against the wall at our house while coming into the house a couple times... Other than that, I have both linings for it and it does well in warm and cold weather (due to said liners)

I guess like $45 (that's including shipping) if you want it.