New FZ6 Owner in Columbus, Ohio

nikolasvel

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

My name is Nick and once again after a very long time I became a proud owner of a 2008 black Yamaha FZ6. Looking forwards to making new friends, having chats, group rides and exchanging info and ideas about our bikes with everyone. feel free to message. I'd be glad to help out in any way if I can.

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

My name is Nick and once again after a very long time I became a proud owner of a 2008 black Yamaha FZ6. Looking forwards to making new friends, having chats, group rides and exchanging info and ideas about our bikes with everyone. feel free to message. I'd be glad to help out in any way if I can.

Welcome Nick, you are in good hands..:welcome: :needpics:

Please post up a pic or two of your 6 and if you don't mind, answer the question.. Why did you select this particular motorcycle. Just curious I guess.

Thanks,
Kenh

nikolasvel

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Nick, you are in good hands..:welcome: :needpics:

Please post up a pic or two of your 6 and if you don't mind, answer the question.. Why did you select this particular motorcycle. Just curious I guess.

Thanks,
Kenh

I just recently sold a Gladius SFV650. I was honestly in the market for a V-Strom, but after riding it aI decided I still had it in me and wanted something a little sportier. I used to have a 2007 FZ6, but I was younger then and soon after I wanted even more power and even more speeding tickets, therefore I traded it in for an R6 and later a Z1000. To answer your question though, I like the sportiness of the FZ6, but also like the wind protection. Further, I like the large selection of aftermarket parts available and the potential for some light sport touring duty. Lastly, in my opinion the FZ6 in the used market gives you an excellent bang for your buck and I like me a good deal that'sfz6.jpgfz6-2.jpg for sure.

I haven't had the bike for more than a few days and have already invested a good amount of money in accessories: Givi Touring Screen, Givi Top case and Sidecase Racks. Kappa 35Lt Top Box, Bar Risers, Racing adjustable Levers. The bike came equipped with sliders and a nice rear fender eliminator kit. I will prolly be getting Givi Easylock Side cases soon for it also to complete the package.

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nick,

Hi and welcome back to the FZ6. I stopped riding for 25 years and returned just three years ago with my FZ6. Most of my riding is for commuting to work, 6 miles each way :rolleyes: and short local rides on the wonderful local roads in OH and WV. But it's also great fun to ride with others.

This is a great forum for information about the FZ6 and has a bunch of friendly folks. But it's not often you get to meet anybody and go for a ride. Though I have met with a couple of great guys when I've visited my in-laws in NY. And I had an awesome ride with some of the San Diego guys when I visited there.

Anyway if you want to meet some folks, another forum you might want to visit is OhioRiders.net. There are people from all over the state, a pretty diverse group for bike types - mostly sport bikes but also adventure, sport/touring, and some cruisers. We get together twice a year for a day ride through the hills of southeast OH, which happens to be near where I live. Check out the Epic Ride page on the Events section of the forum. We just held the Spring Epic ride this past weekend. The fall ride will be in Sept. Smaller groups also set up smaller rides and every now and then a group will organize and visit Deal's Gap to ride the twisty roads in eastern TN and western NC.

Also, if you like touring or just travelling to spots for a group ride that is farther away, please check out the Motorcycle Sport Touring Association at RideMSTA.org. The closest organized ride is the Mail Pouch Fly-By in Marietta OH, held Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of the last weekend of August.

Ride Safe and Have Fun!

Chris

PS: I sent almost this same message, as a private message, to Uno87 another new member on the forum. Uno is from Stow, OH. Maybe we could set up an Ohio ride sometime.

nikolasvel

Reaction score
Visit site
Chris,

I appreciate all this great info. I will most definitely sign up on OhioRiders.net and try to join in on those group rides. I don't have a big circle of motorcycle friends at the moment and would love to do some more riding with others. Further, I would definitely be interested in setting up our own Ohio ride.

Thanks,

Nick

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Want a cheap project for some neat bling!?

Pick up a can of "Mothers Mag and aluminum cleaner" and have at it to that nasty header.
Lots of elbow grease, but they'll shine up (don't sandpaper):

nikolasvel

Reaction score
Visit site
Want a cheap project for some neat bling!?

Pick up a can of "Mothers Mag and aluminum cleaner" and have at it to that nasty header.
Lots of elbow grease, but they'll shine up (don't sandpaper):

Those look better than new. I am definitely doing this on my next day off. I seen in your msg you have a custom electrical outlet on your bike? Could you share some info on that? I am currently looking on Ebay at getting one for my bike. I think i want to install it on the inner fairing vs the handlebars. Any thought, info or suggestion would be highly appreciated.

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just recently sold a Gladius SFV650. I was honestly in the market for a V-Strom, but after riding it aI decided I still had it in me and wanted something a little sportier. I used to have a 2007 FZ6, but I was younger then and soon after I wanted even more power and even more speeding tickets, therefore I traded it in for an R6 and later a Z1000. To answer your question though, I like the sportiness of the FZ6, but also like the wind protection. Further, I like the large selection of aftermarket parts available and the potential for some light sport touring duty. Lastly, in my opinion the FZ6 in the used market gives you an excellent bang for your buck and I like me a good deal that'sView attachment 68136View attachment 68137 for sure.

I haven't had the bike for more than a few days and have already invested a good amount of money in accessories: Givi Touring Screen, Givi Top case and Sidecase Racks. Kappa 35Lt Top Box, Bar Risers, Racing adjustable Levers. The bike came equipped with sliders and a nice rear fender eliminator kit. I will prolly be getting Givi Easylock Side cases soon for it also to complete the package.

Thanks for the reply. It's always interesting to hear how we find / decide on the FZ6. Glad you are still with us based on your need for speed and your R6 / Z1000 experience. Enjoy! :thumbup: