New FZ6 Owner

Noodle

MasterWrench
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi to all! I just received a 1986 FZ6 and will begin working on putting it back on the road. It has sat for several years and is missing some parts, which is a total bummer but to be expected I suppose.

As far as I can tell it needs the following:

• CDI box
  • battery
  • LH handlebar switch
  • 2 new tires
  • RH plastic side panel
  • and lots of cleanup and polishing.

I would appreciate any advice on where I can look for parts at a reasonable price for the bike. I love the way the fairing looks with the dual headlights. and the PO is anxious to see what was her 'baby' on the road again.

thanks
Noodle

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Not a lot of us would know... This site is pretty much for the '04 ~ FZ6 and a little for the new FZ6R... Your bike could be a distant ancestor of the FZ6 so maybe a few around here might of owned one at one time and help you...

Noodle

MasterWrench
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm.. I did not know that! I guess I'll keep looking for another FZ forum then. I have one for my Suzuki Intruder 1500 and my ZZR 1200 and my Katana 600 so there must be one for antique FZ's too.

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Your bike is actually a Fazer 600, the FZ6 name was not used in the USA until 2004.

Your bike should like like the one below. Parts may be diffucult to find, since I do not think the bike was that popular. I would find a salvage place for bikes and see what they have. Craigslist and Ebay may have odd and end stuff too.