New FZ6 rider from Ontario

atticuss66

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, just picked up a new used 2007 FZ6. I have never riden a street bike , just dirt. This thing is a blast to ride with surprisingly more power than wat I thought.

I was going to buy a Ninja 300, but glad I bought this machine!!!

JONJONsocal

UNKNOWN HOON
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, just picked up a new used 2007 FZ6. I have never riden a street bike , just dirt. This thing is a blast to ride with surprisingly more power than wat I thought.

I was going to buy a Ninja 300, but glad I bought this machine!!!

:welcome: to the forum... The FZ6 is a very nice beginner/expert bike.. I recommend you keep it under 7-8k RPM for now.. After 8k rpm it get devilish.. :thumbup:

Its funny I just went on my first dirt bike ride last weekend and I was surprised with how much power a 125cc has.. It was awesome... lol Enjoy you Fz, mine is a 2007 also, I got it a month ago....

Jon

atticuss66

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum... The FZ6 is a very nice beginner/expert bike.. I recommend you keep it under 7-8k RPM for now.. After 8k rpm it get devilish.. :thumbup:

Its funny I just went on my first dirt bike ride last weekend and I was surprised with how much power a 125cc has.. It was awesome... lol Enjoy you Fz, mine is a 2007 also, I got it a month ago....

Jon

To late... had it up to 12 000rpm...just checking to make sure nothing is broken :D

JONJONsocal

UNKNOWN HOON
Reaction score
Visit site
To late... had it up to 12 000rpm...just checking to make sure nothing is broken :D

Just what I did when I got mine.. Got it to 130mph on the freeway.. Im pretty sure I red lined 2nd and 3rd.. lol
If you dont know much about the previous owner.. Ill start by cleaning and lubing the chain.. It took me hours to clean mine.. and the Fz is my first bike that has an actual dipstick.. make sure you dont screw it in while checking the oil and at last it may still be running stock tires, if it is Ill recommend new ones as soon as you can..
Have fun!!

Jon

Last edited:

atticuss66

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info.... the owner delivered the bike to my house and had cleaned and lubed the chain for me!

The rubber is new...1200km??? Pilot 2's . pretty good tire from wat I read.

Just curious, u don't screw the dip stick in to check oil??? Wat is the proper way??

JONJONsocal

UNKNOWN HOON
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info.... the owner delivered the bike to my house and had cleaned and lubed the chain for me!

The rubber is new...1200km??? Pilot 2's . pretty good tire from wat I read.

Just curious, u don't screw the dip stick in to check oil??? Wat is the proper way??

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7uXGmaWphs]Yamaha FZ6 Oil + Filter Change Chain Adjustment - YouTube[/ame]

Fast forward to 7:30 if you get bored.. lol

I was doing it wrong until I saw this vid...

Jon

Funny thing.. Im ordering PR2's as we speak..

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: To this awesome forum and motorcycle. I too have an 07 and love it. The perfect motorcycle for me. Please post some pictures of your new baby. Blue is the fastest color. :thumbup: Ride safe and enjoy the ride!