New FZ6 rider (well will be when I collect it next week!)

odachi13

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,
Just put a deposit down on an '05 - she's got 40k miles but a full history and its very tidy and worth its £2.2k tag.

920492x640x480ffffffh.jpg

Should of took some pics myself, but she's got a colour matched Givi box, frame sliders, renthal bars and what I think is either a custom seat or upholstry atleast.

Picking her up next Monday after they give her a full tune and consumable change.

Third big bike, I've got a gsx600f I'm in the process of selling and Pegaso650 im in the process of claiming for after it was nicked!
I'm an all weather rider, except for really heavy snow - but then because I'm a teacher and it'l be a snow day and I don't have to leave the house!

:welcome: to the forum :thumbup:

Congratulations on your new bike, hopefully the weather will improve soon, so you can take take it for a spin :rockon:

Ride safe but have fun :thumbup:

Congrats! These are great bikes and that top case is worth about 20% of the cost of the bike if bought new! A lockable case is very helpful if you do a lot of short trips in city where you don't want to leave your valuable gear easy to be stolen.

Yeah, my Pegaso had full luggage where as the gixxer had none. It's just so much easier to nip out and chuck my lid in the box. I think the rails around the exhaust are for soft luggage too, didn't see any mounting points for panniers but I can play with that when the warranty on the bike runs out!

It's finally Monday! Collect her this evening! Weather is a bit windy but dry, had a blast on the gixxer this morning (somewhat tearful), feels like spring outside so should have fun on the 20miles from the shop to home.
First port of call will be the giant car park 2minutes away from the dealer tho for a bit of playing and learning turning circles and adjusting a few things.

:welcome:
Enjoy your 'new' dream machine! Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but those side supports aren't for soft bags (although they would work to support them) but they're part of the Givi PLX351 mount. You're all set up to throw some V35 Monokey side cases on to go with your top case. Including your Givi setup, price you paid for the bike looks pretty good!
Happy Trails.

Cant see pic to confirm on the luggage, if it got the clip on the top and the little studs on the bottom of the bars then yes, good for box's

Congratz on the purchase of an awesome machine, Enjoy the UK weather!!

If you ready to ride in time the Shropshire bike fest is coming up, massive charity ride, hoping to see loads of fizzers there!!!!

They look like the pl360 but not completely square and they mount to the rear foot pegs looks very Sinatra to pl360 so I'm assuming they are plx360 for the other type of givi bags ask them if they have the bags for it what's the worst they can say? No...

Gutted. :(
I called the dealer, like an excited child the night before Christmas asking when I can pick it up, because I'm taking a train there. Unfortunatly, it seems that this isn't just a dealer trying to get rid of a bike taken in part-exchange.
It's a good dealer.
I was told with its full service history they were going to service it anyway, which I thought was just a bit of oil and lick of grease. However, they said they're putting a new chain and sprocket kit on they need to order in, part of the service - I don't pay.
Damn them being so thorough. It was a little slack when i checked it over, thought they were gonna tighten it and send me on my way.

In my opinion, worth their premium that and the 2 month warranty incase anything else is wrong.

Reminds me on when I bought the Aprillia, that was private and I had a slight incident with the chain on that 3 days after purchase.
85766410151248161500286.jpg

Time to add another 2 days waiting time, they need to order it in!

I'm gonna go to the dealers tomorrow and poke them with a stick. Sprockets should be arriving then.
Bought myself a bellypan off ebay for a steal at £35.

Sadly, weather man says rain is on the way and I'm afraid we've just had our 3 days of spring. :(

Finally, the days has come and I've collected her!
20mile ride home was fantastic, including a nice play on a dual carriage way (tranlated: a smaller 2-lane freeway) to get her into the triple digits ;)
Weather went from dull, to light rain to heavy rain to sunshine all in the space of 40mins which was a good all round test.
From what I can tell she's got:
R&G Bungs,
Renthal bars and grips.
Front fender extender.
Givi luggage rack and colour coded topbox.
Just had brand new, genuine Yamaha sprocket and chain.
Custom seat upholstry? It's very much non-slip.
What looks like a few braided lines too, didn't look to hard at them yet.
When I opened up the seat, much to my delight is a scot-oiler too!

As promised, some photos.
cimg2947j.jpg

cimg2948.jpg

cimg2949f.jpg

cimg2950i.jpg

Double-check the chain slack. Should be 45-55mm (about 2"). Dealers like to adjust it too tight and it looks a bit tight to me. Might just be me, though.

Congrats, none-the-less, on getting her home! Looks like she came with a nice set of accessories!

Last edited:
Back