New member from SE Michigan

Dvan5693

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all!

I just picked up a 2006 Blue Fz6 with 16k on it. It's got frame sliders, aftermarket blue click adjust levers, and blue wheel tape lol, other wise all stock!

I upgraded from a 1996 Yzf600r(first gen, "thundercat") and put about 16k on that over the past few years....that was my first bike.

Saw the Fz6 a few years back, started doing my research and fell in love. So far I've changed the oil over to Rotella T6 Synthetic, and changed out the coolant....the coolant was brown/black, glad I did that! Also scrubbed down the chain(LOVE the center stand) and then plan on doing the brake fluid soon.

Here are some pictures below after I washed it and used a clay bar on it!

IMG_5665_zpsz7xbyswp.jpg

Last edited:

Zealot

The Village Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I speak for many of us when I say "Nice bike dude!"

Those unpolished exhaust headers... I think you forgot to polish them during your cleanup, haha!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to the forum!

Is it an illusion or is the front fender mounted much higher than original? I had the same year and color. :)

Dvan5693

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I speak for many of us when I say "Nice bike dude!"

Those unpolished exhaust headers... I think you forgot to polish them during your cleanup, haha!

Thanks! I didn't even think of polishing those...what do you recommend using to polish them?

Dvan5693

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to the forum!

Is it an illusion or is the front fender mounted much higher than original? I had the same year and color. :)

Now you mention it, it does look quite high! :D. Since this is an 06, and they were originally black, a previous owner bought one from an 07 that was blue to match! I'm guessing that's why it looks a little goofy haha.

Zealot

The Village Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! I didn't even think of polishing those...what do you recommend using to polish them?

Any sort of metal polish, really. We've got some Autosol stuff in the garage that did wonders to mine. I ran over them all with a wet cloth to clean them first, then after letting them dry took to them with a micro fibre cloth and some polish (quite a bit of polish, actually) which took out that dull dirty look and made them shine almost silver!

afx600

Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited: