New owner in Charlotte!

legendscar95

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Scott, thanks for this!!!! I used the KLR fix (zip ties - 2 on each side) - but, I'd prefer to do this correctly.

I had no idea about partzilla, but now love that site!

Thank you!

I'll update this thread once the new PR4's are on - and the luggage installed. Just in time for winter riding in Charlotte!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Scott, thanks for this!!!! I used the KLR fix (zip ties - 2 on each side) - but, I'd prefer to do this correctly.

I had no idea about partzilla, but now love that site!

Thank you!

I'll update this thread once the new PR4's are on - and the luggage installed. Just in time for winter riding in Charlotte!

No problem.

BTW, I did find that brake line retainer, part #22:

Yamaha Motorcycle Parts 2009 FZ6 - FZS6YB FRONT MASTER CYLINDER Diagram

Partzilla also sells ALOT of Marine OEM parts as well at the discounted prices as well... I've saved a BUNCH ordering from there, especially big ticket items(with free shipping too!)..

legendscar95

Reaction score
Visit site
Huge Christmas update!!!

First, a HUGE thank you to TownsendsFRJ1300!!!! Scott, you helped a ton - so thank you sir!!!!

So, Christmas came early for my bike (not for me, of course.....) and in the last couple of weeks I've added:

MotoCentric Bags (love these, see Page 1 and I had them on the 600RR also):

Changed the coolant (wow, I waited too long, old stuff was like root beer):

BEST mods ever - Oxford Grips (Touring) / SW-MOTECH Risers/Barbacks (31mm/22mm):

Wait, no, wait, THESE were probably the best mods ever - given I was riding on the original 2009 tires (yeah, I know....):

So, there's one more thing..... And, it has something to do with what is MISSING in those pictures..... Hmmmm..................... LOL.

Stay tuned....

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
People actually asked me why I was so happy when I got to work this morning (I guess I'm grumpy?!?!) - and I said "I love my new bike". They asked me to ride it every day..... Hmmmm...............

Funny, I get the same from people I work with when I ride to work. I am a teacher. So much easier to deal with the "little dears" when I ride to work and have a ride home to look forward too. Too bad it is only 9 miles. I guess I have to find a longer route home.....

Welcome to the forum. I sold my FZ6 a few years ago and replaced it with two Triumphs. I sold the FZ but kept the forum. Great group of guys and gals. Very knowledgeable as well.