New to Sacramento area

turbo311

Icanhazkustumyoozertitle?
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

Moved here a few months ago from Phoenix. Just got my FZ6 registered and I'm itching for some good rides. Any help appreciated.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
You now live close to some of the best motorcycle roads anywhere!
Everywhere east of you to Nevada is good. Hwy 49 is good for now. Once the snow melts the sand is off the road all the passes over the Sierras are a blast.
Also Hwy 36 from Redding to the coast is a must do just be ready to spend the night on the coast.
Just for fun, ride up Hwy 80 to Auburn and take the Foresthill exit and ride up to Foresthill (stop and check out the Foresthill bridge 700' above the N Fork American river). In Foresthill take a right on Misquito Ridge rd. and enjoy the views but keep an eye on your mirrors for the sportbike boys on the weekends. Ride in for 10 miles or so before turning around, it is a great canyon.
We rode up Hwy 70 to Beldon town today. The Feather river canyon is really cool.
Get a good map and anywhere you ride in the Sierras is good!

Last edited:

sabre

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on Mosquito ridge. Right now it is closed 21 miles out of Foresthill. Once it opens up make sure you get gas in Foresthill. The Vallero station is your last chance.

Nick J

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah. What Red Wasp said. Foresthill Rd and Hwy 49 are some of my favorite rides. Hey turbo, if you ever want to go check out some of these roads, I'm always looking for someone to ride with. I live in Citrus Heights and I used to have several riding friends but most of them don't have a bike anymore for different reasons so my group is down to just 2 of us and the other guy lives in Dixon so we don't get out on good rides as much as I would like. Shoot me a PM if you ever want to go.

turbo311

Icanhazkustumyoozertitle?
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm gonna revive this thread. I've been neglecting my motorcycle, but still paying for insurance, and my registration will be due in March. Since the weather is still nice (usually raining from now until April) I figure why not ride while I can?

Who's up for it? I'm going out today alone likely.