No headlights

Brandon63

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello I’m new to forms and no idea what I’m doing so please forgive me if my post is in the wrong area.
I have a 93 Yamaha fzr600 ( Japan) my headlights went out and all my fuses are good they would work with just the key switch on or with the bike running now I have nothing. Signals work brake light works neutral light works start right up I can run a hot wire from battery to the headlight harness lights comes on plug the light harness back in nothing can’t figure this thing out ? Please help if possible thank you

Attachments

• AD1B6C7D-34B9-4B93-AFE8-15541D1962F4.jpeg
    AD1B6C7D-34B9-4B93-AFE8-15541D1962F4.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 5
  • A2BDD7FA-4063-44CD-B74C-65FA32C198B8.jpeg
    A2BDD7FA-4063-44CD-B74C-65FA32C198B8.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Brandon! Welcome to our great forum!

I'm not familiar with the electronics on your bike but I'm betting there may be a headlamp relay. The relay would be controlled either by a key on signal, but some bike even when you turn the key to the on position and the headlights come on are interrupted when the starter is activated. This maybe the circuit that is not active for some reason. Do you have a schematic or service manual?

Okay i did find a FZ600 schematic and the starter switch on the schematic shows that when button is pressed the headlights are disabled through the switch and when your finger is off the switch the headlights are turned back on. This gives more current during the starter engagement to allow better starting. There is a possibility the switch has failed or the wiring harness has an open in the area of the triple where the harness bends.
The FZ6 uses a headlight relay that is not active until the engine is running.

Keep us in the loop!

Last edited: