Not all cops know bikes...

FuriousGeorge

Reaction score
Visit site
It could actually be a safety issue. At night two headlights close together would make it look like a car that's farther away. It's like those daytime running lights that some idiotic manufacturers make closer together than the headlights and dimmer so that in poor visibility conditions it can make it appear that the car is much farther away than it actually is.

Getaway

Reaction score
Visit site
I suspect thats partially why they have the idle set so high, to keep the charging system above 12 volts when idleing in traffic.

It doesn't work then, at least not after the BD43 mod. Got stuck in a backup for 1.5 hrs, stalled once and the bike wouldn't start. Need to learn how to pull the plug on that extra headlight when I'm stuck like that.:spank:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Its probably that way due to the small amount of extra amperage put out by the charging system. (one light out saves 55 watts)..

I suspect thats partially why they have the idle set so high, to keep the charging system above 12 volts when idleing in traffic.

It doesn't work then, at least not after the BD43 mod. Got stuck in a backup for 1.5 hrs, stalled once and the bike wouldn't start. Need to learn how to pull the plug on that extra headlight when I'm stuck like that.:spank:

Whats the difference, one or two lights, anything less than 4000 rpms, we are always draining the battery. So remember that next time you're stalled in traffic, keep it reved up past 4000.

vdbergj1

Manna
Reaction score
Visit site
It could actually be a safety issue. At night two headlights close together would make it look like a car that's farther away. It's like those daytime running lights that some idiotic manufacturers make closer together than the headlights and dimmer so that in poor visibility conditions it can make it appear that the car is much farther away than it actually is.

Ditto, in previous threads that was said to be the reason :thumbup:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Most larger sport tourers, tourers have dual headlights including my FJR, stock from the factory. Their electrical system can support the load at idle.

IMHO, the more lights you have, the more likely you'll be seen...