Obama Pledge

W

wrightme43

This speaks for itself. I wish they had left out the black muslim drill squad chant in the middle of every cut scene but oh well.

Does anyone else have a problem with this deal? Am I the only one who is reminded of the brownshirts and the night of the long knives?

This is freaking insane. Pledge to support the presidents ideas or what? What the hell are these people doing?

Damn it.

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EglMVfUB74&feature=player_embedded[/nomedia]

This is more than a little scary.. Nice little databases of the urban and suburban areas. Wonder if there is a field the the db like

{} 100% Supporter - Obama stickers on Car and house. Fluent in obamaspeak

{} Signed readily. Enthusiastic

{} Signed after minor cooercing

{} Signed after a long discussion

{} Would not sign - Put on "B" list for re-education under Minister Ayers

{} Argued and quoted the constitution, Had Palin 2012, NRA, Anti obama stickers visible. Other anti social evidence such as religious symbols, .. Put on "A" list for one way travel to Minister Ayers "Special Camps"

bullseye

I have to ask the obvious question here; how do I know this is even a real video and what happens in the parts they cut out of it? Anyone can take a video about something and through careful editing make it convey a message that was not in the original video.

That being said, I don't like the idea of someone asking me to pledge allegiance to anyone. It's my job as a citizen to be critical of our elected officials, not to blindly follow whatever they do just because they told me the other party is bad.

Also, nobody who comes to my door is ever getting my email address, phone number, or full name unless you're a cop and I'm giving a statement.

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4NKllI3AfM&feature=channel[/nomedia]

Uncut

"When an opponent declares, 'I will not come over to your side,' I say calmly, 'Your child belongs to us already...What are you? You will pass on. Your descendants, however, now stand in the new camp. In a short time they will know nothing but this new community'."

It's not unprecedented.

The same thing has happened under the previous administration, except that in that case, soldiers in Iraq got denied their Thanksgiving turkey dinner.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2004/9/15/145147/184

Now, these are soldiers, and they have sworn loyalty to the Commander in Chief already. So this "loyalty test" or whatever they chose to call it is just insulting.

What's my point?

1. This isn't a new thing perpetrated by Obama supporters. It's happened before and will happen again.

2. That doesn't excuse anyone who tries to pull this sort of crap. It's NEVER a good thing no matter who is in charge.

It's not unprecedented.

The same thing has happened under the previous administration, except that in that case, soldiers in Iraq got denied their Thanksgiving turkey dinner.

Now, these are soldiers, and they have sworn loyalty to the Commander in Chief already. So this "loyalty test" or whatever they chose to call it is just insulting.

What's my point?

1. This isn't a new thing perpetrated by Obama supporters. It's happened before and will happen again.

2. That doesn't excuse anyone who tries to pull this sort of crap. It's NEVER a good thing no matter who is in charge.

Fred you have a point but the two examples here are totally different. In an environment of rabid presidential bashing the administration was ensuring there wasn't some publicity stunt to insult the president on live television. I don't agree with the tactics, but the goal is very understandable. A simple pledge not to do anything stupid or insulting would have sufficed.

The Obama pledge is not an isolated incident designed to prevent another isolated incident on live television. In this case it is an attempt to indoctrinate the general population with blind faith for an individual. Not pledging to support America, or our soldiers, or even the POTUS, but to support Obama no matter what he wants to do. This isn't a group of people banding together to protect their beliefs or goals or economic policy, but to obey an individual and "support" Him in whatever He decides is best. There is a VERY strong precedent for that, which is the Hitler pledge of Nazi Germany. I'm surprised there aren't armbands associated with this pledge, but keep your eyes out for something similar, an Obama pin for instance, to signify your membership of this organization.

It's not unprecedented.

What's my point?

the dailykos are a bunch of Radical communist left wing bigots who spread hate and lies. They just like the Klu Klux Klan and Nazis .

disclaimer: I'm not some mindless Obamaton. I didn't vote for the guy but have nothing against him...

Is it possible that it's simply an attempt by his (marketing) team to keep people engaged in the political process?

Americans are notorious for not being or staying engaged in the political process. Look at the voter turn-outs at the polls over the years. I'm too lazy to go get stats and such but our voter turn-out is pretty embarrassing. And in the last election Obama managed to get a fairly sizable number of people engaged, motivated, and voting. Getting those same folks to "pledge" to stay engaged could prove helpful when it comes to addressing the larger initiatives he's hoping to work on, such as health care and education.

As Fred said, this has been done before and it'll be done again.

I think the suggestion that there's a similarity to the ministrations of Hitler's Germany are really rather simplistic and reductive. Of course, I'd hate to be proven wrong but seriously doubt that I am.

If they come to my door, I'll kindly point to the "no solicitors" sign. If they nag me at the store, I'll just walk on by. Those who don't want to pledge to whomever or whatever, don't have to. I really, seriously doubt there's anything sinister going on here. But that's just me...

Back