Obama Pledge

Oh and in the first 50 days so far, O and team have spent 24 billion a day a billion a hour. Just saying you know. Maybe the whole AIG bonus thing is a distraction?

You know seeing as they bought the company AFTER the contracts were signed. The contracts were in place when they bought it. 90% tax on those bonus violates every contract law known in the US. Now what is to stop the gov from deciding YOU need to pay 90% tax on money they signed a contract to give you?

Anybody wanna go in on some torches??? Pitchforks maybe????

Oh and in the first 50 days so far, O and team have spent 24 billion a day a billion a hour. Just saying you know. Maybe the whole AIG bonus thing is a distraction?

You know seeing as they bought the company AFTER the contracts were signed. The contracts were in place when they bought it. 90% tax on those bonus violates every contract law known in the US. Now what is to stop the gov from deciding YOU need to pay 90% tax on money they signed a contract to give you?

Anybody wanna go in on some torches??? Pitchforks maybe????

Exactly. It's a smoke screen, they specifically wrote into the "stimulus" that they these people get to keep their bonuses, now they are "outraged" as soon as it hits the press. Tactical mistep with massive political CYA going on. It is unconstitutional and a terrifying precident that our government can and will use tax as a weapon to single out specific groups that either disagree with the administration (that legally binding contracts are in fact legally binding contracts, for instance) or if the political winds change and they feel it would be advantageous to do so to maintain public opinion. They got caught protecting these bonuses (for a company that donated over $100K to both Dodd and Obama, coincidentally) and now are spreading the phony outrage and blame for this so all the sheeple will remember is that it was the administration that stood up for us in the matter. So sad. Who is next on the list to be taxed into submission? Energy comapanies.

Just a note. I was asked to sign the Obama pledge at school today.

It was presented in the form of a petition to support funding of education and alternative energy. But the text of it had the "I pledge my support to President Obama because I can't tell the difference between a democracy and a fascist state." (Or something like that.)

I didn't sign.

seriously can not wait for this winter crap to be over.. i just wanna go out and ride and not think about our crazzy country/govt..

Back