Oil Drain Bolt Gasket size ?

GNH1241

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm new to motorcycling and have recently purchased a Black FZ6-S2 manufactured in 2008.
There was no service record with it, but im slowly working my way through routine checks and tasks and am ready to tackle an oil change.
My service manual says to check the washer on the drain bolt and replace if nesscesary, however doesn't specify a size of the part.
My question is what size is the washer / o-ring / gasket for this part?
My local dealer is some distance so hoping to order all the parts online prior to the job.
Im UK based with European model if thats of any consequence.

Thanks in advance.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Im not sure on exact size but I would check to see if it needs replacing before buying one in other words only replace it if its leaking, one of my favorite saying comes to mind "if it ain't broke dont fix it"

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
The Yamaha part number is 214-11198-01-00 (in the US, at least) if you can order online.

Roughly 19 mm outer diameter, 16 mm inner diameter.

It is a crush washer -- hollow new, but crushes to form a tight seal when the bolt is tightened. The side with the seam (shown) goes against the bolt head, not the engine.

The old one might be hard to see if it's stuck to the bolt head. Pry it off with a thin knife blade.

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
It is a 14mm crush washer you should Replace it at every oil change

as long as you do not over torque it, it can be used numerous times and there is nothing wrong with doing so although as said^^^^^if you do want to replace it it theres nothing wrong with doing that either...still does not gaurentee no leaks if you over tighten