Yamaha Part Number Verification

YZ125

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm hoping I can get a Yamaha Part Number Verification. My next oil change, I would like to replace the oil drain bolt along (looks like the PO began to round the edges a little) with the crush washer. According to YamahaPart.com the following part numbers are the correct ones:

Oil Drain Bolt - 90340-14132-00

Oil Drain Bolt Crush Washer - 214-11198-01-00

Here is the diagram I am using as my reference - 2007 Yamaha FZ6 (FZS6W) Oil Cleaner | Flemington Yamaha

I would just like to put my mind at ease.

The bike is a 2007 Yamaha FZ6.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm hoping I can get a Yamaha Part Number Verification. My next oil change, I would like to replace the oil drain bolt along (looks like the PO began to round the edges a little) with the crush washer. According to YamahaPart.com the following part numbers are the correct ones:

Oil Drain Bolt - 90340-14132-00

Oil Drain Bolt Crush Washer - 214-11198-01-00

Here is the diagram I am using as my reference - 2007 Yamaha FZ6 (FZS6W) Oil Cleaner | Flemington Yamaha

I would just like to put my mind at ease.

The bike is a 2007 Yamaha FZ6.

Those part #'s are correct.

Several things if I may.

If you go down to your local auto parts store and buy a copper drain plug washer, that fits your new bolt, it'll last you indefinitly. You can buy several for the price of the ONE from yamaha as its re-usable.

Also, spec's call for 30 or 31 ft lbs of torque on that bolt. It is way too much.

There are numerous threads here of broken oil pan's. Do NOT go more than 20 ft lbs. I actually, with the copper washer, torque mine to 12 ft lbs (along with my oil filter also at 12ft lbs). Its not going anywhere.

If you don't have a torque wrench, good and snug is plenty..

YZ125

Reaction score
Visit site
Those part #'s are correct.

Several things if I may.

If you go down to your local auto parts store and buy a copper drain plug washer, that fits your new bolt, it'll last you indefinitly. You can buy several for the price of the ONE from yamaha as its re-usable.

Also, spec's call for 30 or 31 ft lbs of torque on that bolt. It is way too much.

There are numerous threads here of broken oil pan's. Do NOT go more than 20 ft lbs. I actually, with the copper washer, torque mine to 12 ft lbs (along with my oil filter also at 12ft lbs). Its not going anywhere.

If you don't have a torque wrench, good and snug is plenty..

Thanks for the tip!

Do you know the size of the drain plug washer or should I take it down to the auto part store and see if they have the exact size but in copper?

markgm

Reaction score
Visit site
Or go with something like this: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Fram-SD2-SureDrain-Access-Change/dp/B000AMW0JW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top"]Amazon.com: Fram SD2 SureDrain Fast Access Oil Change Drain Plug System: Automotive[/ame] I picked up something similar from Harbor Freight a few years ago and it's the single greatest thing I've added to the bike!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the tip!

Do you know the size of the drain plug washer or should I take it down to the auto part store and see if they have the exact size but in copper?

I believe its 14mm ID, about 22.5mm OD(not as critical). Their cheap enough so you can bring back what doesn't fit. Or as you posted, bring your drain plug down there. The Inside Diamter shouldn't be sloppy..

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This is the push one. All you need is for them to add some sugar to your oil too!

How many scum bags walk around with sugar in their pocket?

Just pointing out a potential downside. Depending on where you live, it could be an issue. If your happy with it that's good. :thumbup:

If your concerned about sugar added to your oil, safety wire the filler cap to an adjacent case screw.. You'll know if anyone's been in there..