[OIL-Review] Castrol Power RS Racing 4T

MagicMANX

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all

Recently I changed the oil on my fz6 from motul 7100 to this Castrol Oil, got the 10w50 grade.

Castrol-Power-RS-Racing-4T-Engine-Oil-2011-LG.gif

From what I can tell now, is the engage of the clutch is much more precise and firm (it slipped a couple of times with the motul under very hard acceleration) gear changes are very very smooth, the clunk of first gear is still there, but subsequent up-shifting is smooth, blipping throttle downshifting engages very nice, idle is stable and smooth also, I used to have a kind of jerky idle, tried to sync the throttle bodies, changing the CO setting, nothing seemed to help.

I need to be clear that I've had this oil since the weekend, maybe its great now and crap later on lol, but I'll try to keep you guys posted on the degradation process of the oil.

One thing that caught my attention is the color of the oil, is a very light amber, very very clear, dunno exactly if this means anything, but certainly is my first time seeing such a clear colored oil.

My intention is not to create an "oil-thread" but just to simply share my experience with this brand-product with the community. (1st time using Castrol Oil)

Cya! and drive safely :thumbup:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
61,000 Miles on this oil, that's all I have used with the exception of the original oil when it was brand new, and once trying the Mobil which was like crap. Didn't shift smoothly, at least compared to the Castrol.

The color will be Gold at the beginning but will eventually turn to dark black when you change it out.

The oil is kind of expensive, I think Cycle Gear has it listed as $11.99 per bottle, which will take exactly three of them to complete your oil change. You can usually find it on sale about 3 times a year. But I already get a 30% discount so it's really not too bad for me in terms of the cost, considering the quality.

Like everything else, I do not see any performance enhancement like greater acceleration as advertised, except that the shifting is smoother than the Mobil.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is what I burning in the Triumph. The bike came with a synthetic blend, and after the first 500 mile maintenance the shop put in Castrol 10W50. It makes the gear box nice and smooth. Next change is at 6000 miles. Little on the pricey side but oh well.