Ordered a shad seat

JA600L

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,
This is my first post. I am trying my best to set my 2009 Fz6 up for sport touring. My first problem was the handlebar position. I have since modified that and am happy with it.
My next issue is the seat. As others have mentioned, within 1/2 hour I am soar. I have tried mounting different cushions on top and was not happy with the result.
I have read a lot about seats on here and the Internet. Most people seem to think Corbin is too firm. Others say Top Sellerie is too soft and becomes uncomfortable. I know there are lots of options to have the original modified. I would prefer to just buy a seperate seat so that I can sell it seperate if I ever sell the bike and get some money back.
I don't see a lot about it, but Shad seems to have good reviews. It may not be the best seat, but seems like people see an improvement after installing it. I just
purchased one from Amazon for $379 with $8 shipping.
The price is good and it has limited positive reviews. Anybody want to chime in while I can still cancel the order? Thanks.

Next up will be the footpegs......

Fawlty

Reaction score
Visit site
This is a personal thing and everyone is different, but I have the Shad and I found it a big improvement over the stock seat. I do a fair bit of touring and don't have a problem going around 3 hours without a stop. It is also considerably more comfortable for the passenger. Good luck! I should mention that my bike is a 2006 S1.

KHarper4289

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm not expecting perfection, but yeah 3 hours without getting sore sounds great to me. I'm about 170 lbs and 5'9".

No idea about Shad.

I have a Top Sellerie seat. It was $400 and worth every single dollar. This is the most comfortable seat I've ever been on and it's going to be hard to adjust to a different seat should I ever get a new bike,

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

JA600L

Reaction score
Visit site
That's also good to know. I've been looking at them too. If for some reason the Shad seat doesn't workout I will give the Top Sellerie a try.

I should also mention that I had a Sargent seat on my sv650s. I wasn't very impressed by that.