ordered some ravens!

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
i have been looking for a rear tire for my wing (darkside) and decided that the bt 23 on her FZ was in need so i started looking and to my suprise discontinued! i didnt want to drop the coin on the pr's so i snagged the 009 shinko raven's at $150 for the pair. will report some after get on and some miles.

i got an austone taxi for the wing btw!

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have been looking for a rear tire for my wing (darkside) and decided that the bt 23 on her FZ was in need so i started looking and to my suprise discontinued! i didnt want to drop the coin on the pr's so i snagged the 009 shinko raven's at $150 for the pair. will report some after get on and some miles.

i got an austone taxi for the wing btw!

I had a set of those on my fz6 a while back. Great tires for commuting and work great in the rain. BTW, I got over 12k miles from them.

sandctrev

Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered the same for my rear.... It's in the mail. Can't beat 100 bucks with shipping. The reviews seemed good.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking forward to some cheap goodness! Almost put them on last time. But the bt23 was not much more.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Word of caution:
Ravens don't pay well with metal bridges. The front likes to track the grating of the bridge.

Last edited:

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
i wondered with that grove in the center. will giver her word of caution. she is pretty keen about being aware and pays close attention and stays pretty calm when situations arise. and dont push till she knows what she's got and feels new things out. i have pretty good faith in them, and very good faith in her!

but thanks for the additional heads up just the same. much better to adapt if you have an idea it is coming. ( and thankfully we dont have much of that around here.)

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
well i have been super busy, but they came in a few days ago and they look great! and the rubber feels soft at the "fingernail test" but looks like they will do quite well. probably going to drop them off in a few days so the wife can ride over and have them put on when she has a chance.

and the best part.. some pics! i will compare them to what is on the bike later

and for the fun of it, one with my "taxi" tire that is going on my goldwing

i will be sure to post up pics installed and intital revews as she rides on them. and see how they last!

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Interested to hear how they perform. I have Shinkos on my fz6 because they were cheap and I'm cheap, but I'm pretty sure they look different than those. If they handle decently it could be an upgrade.

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
i sure thought so!

i ordered here and they showed up in a big box pretty quickly! ( my usual local guy could not get them) and other than a used ciggerate butt in the rear tire ( looks like something the wind blew into a stack of tires or something) all was great aside.

ordered here, and free shipping!

ShinkoTiresDirect.com | Shinko Motorcycle Tires

and if they last/perform as well as others have claimed, they will have a return buyer for that price!

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
ok so i never put up some extra pics. shame on me.

here is the ravens compared to the bt23's on the bike

i think they are due!

that looks better!

and so we took forever to get the bike over to have the tires put on, but it is there and shold be ready to pick up tomorrow i am hoping!

here is a begining miles for the tires ( plus about 30 miles to get the bike over to have them put on.)

will post up more after get some time and miles on them!

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
not much of an update other than this year sucked @$$ and not more than a few hundred miles got put on the fz at all this year ( much much family happinings and several other items that just led to the wife not having the time or energy to ride hardly at all this year ( she has med conditions that prevent her, and all the drama took what energy she had for riding and took it elsewere)) i will post more after some miles actually get put on and some imressions are had.

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
well another disappointing update, wife had shoulder surgery and don't look like the bike will be ridden much if at all this year. will update when some miles actually happen

for those interested the surgery went very well and she is healing great, but will be some time yet before she has enough ability to even think about riding.