ordered stebel. need mount?

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Several of us mounted the Stebel to the unused hole on the left front side of the engine. It avoids any risk of the front wheel compressing into the horn, as it might if mounted where the original horn was. It also is easy to cleanly run wiring to this location using the clips holding the wiring to the kickstand's switch. Its obvious downside is it's exposed to the elements, but I've run that way for five years and 20K miles without a problem. The upside is that nothing muffles its sound in that location.

Last edited:
Several of us mounted the Stebel to the unused hole on the left front side of the engine. It avoids any risk of the front wheel compressing into the horn, as it might if mounted where the original horn was. It also is easy to cleanly run wiring to this location using the clips holding the wiring to the kickstand's switch. Its obvious downside is it's exposed to the elements, but I've run that way for five years and 20K miles without a problem. The upside is that nothing muffles its sound in that location.

That's where I mounted mine, no problems yet, had it on about 2 months. This thing is frickin' LOUD!! :rockon:

Have a look in your local DIY shop for a bracket like the one i used.

Hux's Bike Blog: Hux has got the Horn

Most of the installs on this forum are variations on a theme putting it inside the left fairing. I just used a bracket in there to make it a bit more robust.

Oh.. and it's loud. Damn loud!!!!!

Back