Other Hobbies

Yup it is an auto (all my cars are sticks except my Jeep, with the amount of crawling i do i would burn through clutches), with 33x12.5 swampers, open front and rear (I like the challenge) I can get in and out of pretty much anywhere a locked jeep can go... It is finesse i tell ya. And about the sway bars... I haven't hooked the front up since i put the lift in it 4 years ago...

Have you changed your gears too? makes a world of difference accelerating.

Woodworking, love to build things. Finished a new dining room and the wife's sewing room recently. Next I am going to do tiling for the first time. Starting with the downstairs bath then after figuring out mistakes, do the kitchen. Turning two of the kids old bedrooms into one large living room.

Other stuff: Online gaming with CoD4, Kayaking, and watching the Red Sox

Done quite a bit of tiling - floors, walls, countertops, etc. - use the annoying little spacers and invest in a wet saw - can usually get one that will do the trick for less than $100

What system do you play COD4 on?

Done quite a bit of tiling - floors, walls, countertops, etc. - use the annoying little spacers and invest in a wet saw - can usually get one that will do the trick for less than $100

What system do you play COD4 on?

Whew! I did get about 1000 of those spacers. I also bought a decent wet saw and a couple spare blades. If this goes well, my tiling will expand to other areas and new designs. Thanks for the tips! :thumbup:

I play CoD4 on the PC. I've got a rather fast gaming rig I built from scratch and keep updating. It's an AM2 X2 6000 with an 8800GS, 3 GB RAM, WD Raptor 74 GB 10k drives, X-Fi SB Gamer and dual LCD panels. I've got a Wii and PS3 but play so much better with a kb and mouse. I'm not the best but I'm well above average. I've been known to own a few servers... :rockon:

I'm late to this.

I love shooting. I'm not a pistol fan, but I like rifles and really enjoy trap and skeet.

I'm also into woodworking and metalworking.

Fred

Whew! I did get about 1000 of those spacers. I also bought a decent wet saw and a couple spare blades. If this goes well, my tiling will expand to other areas and new designs. Thanks for the tips! :thumbup:

I play CoD4 on the PC. I've got a rather fast gaming rig I built from scratch and keep updating. It's an AM2 X2 6000 with an 8800GS, 3 GB RAM, WD Raptor 74 GB 10k drives, X-Fi SB Gamer and dual LCD panels. I've got a Wii and PS3 but play so much better with a kb and mouse. I'm not the best but I'm well above average. I've been known to own a few servers... :rockon:

Sounds like you are on the right track with the tiling - one other thing to consider purchasing is a good set of knee pads - I have the best luck with standard roller blading knee pads with the hard shell.

<insert knee pad jokes here...>

I forgot the biggest one! I LOVE to cook! Cook, bake, grill.... invent recipes... I never follow a recipe and I don't measure much. The family LOVES the results...

Sounds like you are on the right track with the tiling - one other thing to consider purchasing is a good set of knee pads - I have the best luck with standard roller blading knee pads with the hard shell.

<insert knee pad jokes here...>

:thumbup: I did buy those too but didn't mention them just for the joke reason...

So, now the jokes will come..... :p

They hate to hear that in tropicana field (devil rays) when I'm screaming it at the top of my lungs!:thumbup:

*temporary hi-jack*

What part of sarasota are you in Madman? I spent my first 27 years in Fl as an 8th generation floridian. Spent the first twenty of those growing up in St Pete - lived pretty close to Tropicana and remember it being built, even attended the first concert to play there (Billy Joel).
Will be in Tampa for a quick visit next week to see Family...

*sorry for the hi-jack*

I've a few of interest!! :)

Firstly my main hobby would have to be fish...tropical freshwater fish that is! (cant afford marine yet...) So far I just breed them.

I also like to shoot and hunt. I shoot .22 target rifles (olympic style shooting) and when I'm looking for some excitement I go hunting with my pump-action shotgun.

On the more relaxed (less devilish side) I like to paint, play computer games and play poker.

I would love to homebrew. What do you guys recommend for a beginner? I'm gonna need a complete how too!

I personally think the best beginner kit is Coopers (Coopers Microbrewery Kit). The kit comes with everything you need plus an instrucitonal DVD.

You can order from a number of sites but I like the service from makebeer.net. I needed a part for something and it was going to cost about $10 and the guy sent it to me for free plus no shipping and handling if I just promised to order something soon!

The family LOVES the results...[/QUOTE]

He means the surviving members;);) j/k

In my free time I'm trying my best to look like this guy

Lance_Armstrong_AdH01.jpg

Well a few years ago I turned one of my hobbies, photography, into a business, which has been keeping me busy most of the time.

Before that I was flying R/C Planes until I got into to BIG MODEL ROCKETS.

original.jpg

This is actually a friends rocket that I helped build and fly. Mine aren't quite that big, but almost.

More pics and details at: LDRS 23 and the "O Boy" project Photo Gallery by John at pbase.com

Back