Out having fun in the Twisties!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, the other day i posted 3 video's from a ride with a mate the other day, well since then, i have managed to process a couple more vid's, so i thought i would share....same road as the other video's, but heading in the opposite direction...hope you lot like em!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CflP4Gtvh4g&list=UUUEYeOUaBXA7hIY0sx71xBw&index=2&feature=plcp]Out having fun 02 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZd-_-b7Di8&list=UUUEYeOUaBXA7hIY0sx71xBw&index=1&feature=plcp]Out having fun 3 - YouTube[/ame]

:rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Man that rides looks fun! Nice road! What's it called! You FZ6 sounds like it's got much better grunt down low than most I've ridden. :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man that rides looks fun! Nice road! What's it called! You FZ6 sounds like it's got much better grunt down low than most I've ridden. :D

that road runs from Ashton, South Australia to Lobethal, South Australia....look it up on google maps...

Lobethal Road! Great road, cause it's tight, you can go reasonably hard without breaking the speed limit, just as long as you dont go nuts on the few straight bits...we have a rule amongst our riding buddies, dont go over the posted limit on the straight bits, and you will stay out of trouble...you have to be riding like a nutter to go over the speed limit in the corners...

as for my FZ6, well it's 25kg lighter than stock, and pulls 100hp at the rear wheel, with decent power coming on at about 5000rpm, rather than 8000rpm on a normal fizzer.

I wasnt pushing it in that video, sitting between, 5000rpm, and mostly, about 10000rpm, preferring to use less braking, and higher corner speed to maintain a decent momentum.

gearing at the moment is standard, 16/46....which works real well.

:thumbup:

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
that road runs from Ashton, South Australia to Lobethal, South Australia....look it up on google maps...

Lobethal Road! Great road, cause it's tight, you can go reasonably hard without breaking the speed limit, just as long as you dont go nuts on the few straight bits...we have a rule amongst our riding buddies, dont go over the posted limit on the straight bits, and you will stay out of trouble...you have to be riding like a nutter to go over the speed limit in the corners...

as for my FZ6, well it's 25kg lighter than stock, and pulls 100hp at the rear wheel, with decent power coming on at about 5000rpm, rather than 8000rpm on a normal fizzer.

I wasnt pushing it in that video, sitting between, 5000rpm, and mostly, about 10000rpm, preferring to use less braking, and higher corner speed to maintain a decent momentum.

May i ask how you managed to shed the weight and gain the power?

Normal bolt on mods or have you gone further and done cams or porting maybe?

Just curious is all, Sounds like some nice figures for a FZ6 :thumbup:

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

What? You haven't seen the threads on Wolfman's project? You should check them out, he's done a lot of work, and he's done a great job of documenting his project. So much so that we should have a Wolfman subforum :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Just looked it up on Google Earth and went to street view. A lot like some of the roads we have here in SoCal. I would feel at home on that ride. Really nice area!

Good plan on keeping it low on the straights and doing the playing in the turns.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Ok, the rear of the bike is completely custom...modified sub frame, lots of brackets removed, pillion footpeg hangers removed, OEM seat unit removed, along with grab handles, etc. Seat unit is now a single piece of Carbon fibre reinforced fibreglass, exhaust is custom, Two Brothers titanium, including mid pipe, and has been shortened by 85mm, to suit seat unit. Wave disc rotors also removed 2kg's of weight, as have titanium bolts, all over the bike (about $500 worth of the buggers!). lighter rearsets, lighter top triple clamp, lighter headlight unit, lighter radial pull master cylinder up front, lighter billet brake reservoir at rear, lighter woodcraft clip -on handlebar's, lighter CF front fender, even the Ohlins shock is lighter than the OEM item, as is the 520 chain, and the ali GYTR rear sprocket helps too, removal of rear fender, removal of seat undertray, etc, etc...but seat unit removal, and OEM exhaust removal were the biggest weight loss's by far.

As for the motor, no internal mods, just a modified airbox, K&N air filter, removal of Cat, ceramic coating of headers & mid pipe, free breathing Two Brothers pipes, PC3 with custom map, high octane fuel (98 ron), Motul 7100 fully synthetic oil (10w/40), iridium plugs....all combines to give me an extra 13hp at the rear wheel, from when i started at 87hp.

here's some photo's...

View attachment 41486

View attachment 41487

View attachment 41488

View attachment 41489

View attachment 41490

View attachment 41491

and here is one of the build threads...there were 5 of them...

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/34490-new-fz6-streetfighter-breaks-cover.html

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/31001-mod-madness-new-stuff-its-way-part-5-a.html

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What? You haven't seen the threads on Wolfman's project? You should check them out, he's done a lot of work, and he's done a great job of documenting his project. So much so that we should have a Wolfman subforum :D

I just did a search, your right, i may have posted lots of info on my progress! I have spent so much money on the thing, that it is now insured for $23000 replacement value! :eek:

And i havent even started modding the engine yet! :eek:

But to the bikes credit, it is an amazing bike to ride.

Just looked it up on Google Earth and went to street view. A lot like some of the roads we have here in SoCal. I would feel at home on that ride. Really nice area!

Good plan on keeping it low on the straights and doing the playing in the turns.

yep, only one speeding fine in 4 years on the bike! and i trash tyres in about 1000km's....they are supercorsa's, but regardless, that's some fun riding in the twisties! :rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That looks like a fantastic road. Loads of fun. I wish I could find roads like that near me.

Awesome videos :thumbup::thumbup:

We are blessed here in Adelaide, we have about 400km's of really decent roads, within about 150km's of the city...some are overpopulated with squids (normally the more open roads, cause it's easy to go stupid fast on those roads...we stay away from them, cause the police like those roads too!), but the tight roads are normally only populated with riders around the 35-45 year old age group, which means not too many idiots...biggest hazard, is 4 wheel drives that struggle to stay on their side of the road, and cagers that are busy rubbernecking on their "tourist" drives!