Outed as a Canuck

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
I was ordering my lowering link from Wild Hair Accessories, and when asked what kind of bike I have, I said it's an FZ6. The lady asked where I'm from, because the way I talk is so exotic. :confused:

Apparently most people ride an F zee 6. Which sounds so very odd to me. Mine's an F zed 6. :BLAA:

sniff6

Be nice i am
Reaction score
Visit site
I was ordering my lowering link from Wild Hair Accessories, and when asked what kind of bike I have, I said it's an FZ6. The lady asked where I'm from, because the way I talk is so exotic. :confused:

Apparently most people ride an F zee 6. Which sounds so very odd to me. Mine's an F zed 6. :BLAA:

"Wild Hair Accessories," I say Young lady and WHAT kind of motorcycle shop calls it's self "Wild Hair Accessories," Tut indeed

I think you will find F zed 6 is the English way of saying it....:thumbup:

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
"Wild Hair Accessories," I say Young lady and WHAT kind of motorcycle shop calls it's self "Wild Hair Accessories," Tut indeed

I think you will find F zed 6 is the English way of saying it....:thumbup:

I do live in British Columbia.

And now I'm picturing you as Foghorn Leghorn.

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
F-zed-6. And "where's your toque, eh?"

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 INFUSE using Tapatalk 2

not sure if you're saying hat or misspelling torque....

iSteve - eff zed six vs. eff zee six vs. fazer (fay zur)

There should really be an english to canadian dictionary eh?

Sorry I'm goin to rock a piss eh

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
F Zed 6 is just how it sounds when it's pronounced properly. Lol

Naw it's (Effff Z sex ) LOL that's how I pronounce it Properly!! :BLAA: realy that's how I sound when I talk i'm not making it up for a laugh... ask Motogiro if you don't beleive me...... I need linguistic classes .... LOL :D :spank:

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There should really be an english to canadian dictionary eh?

More likely, there needs to be an English to Americanese dictionary, as we here is Oz ALSO say zed - as it should be.

See, funny thing about the English language - it predominately came from ENGLAND.

So to say Americans speak English is really not true - Americans have bastardised the language to suit their own ends.

I believe it was an American president who took it upon himself to change a lot of words. (favour vs favor, honour vs honor etc)

Unfortunately, we are bombarded with American TV, so I see it ALL the time, Australians saying zee and mis-spelling words.

So, it gladdens me that Canadians also share the correct pronunciation - eh?

Cheers,
Rick

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
More likely, there needs to be an English to Americanese dictionary, as we here is Oz ALSO say zed - as it should be.

See, funny thing about the English language - it predominately came from ENGLAND.

So to say Americans speak English is really not true - Americans have bastardised the language to suit their own ends.

I believe it was an American president who took it upon himself to change a lot of words. (favour vs favor, honour vs honor etc)

Unfortunately, we are bombarded with American TV, so I see it ALL the time, Australians saying zee and mis-spelling words.

So, it gladdens me that Canadians also share the correct pronunciation - eh?

Cheers,
Rick

I can't understand the 'Mericans that live in the south. Or further north. Or further west. There are a lot of dialects here :spank:

Sort of like Europe, except instead of bastardized Romance languages, it's bastardized 'english.'

I'd still rather talk to a canuck or aussie over a brit any day