Over 32,000 miles on a rear PR2!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I ride very gently in the winter and like I stole it in the summer. Regular pressure checks are important.

Nelly

Me too! But I forgot to apply the gentle factor conducting a U-turn last month, tore my ACL. Will be having surgery next month.

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Me too! But I forgot to apply the gentle factor conducting a U-turn last month, tore my ACL. Will be having surgery next month.

Damn. Good luck w/ your recovery.

Don't tell us you're riding around with your knee in a brace. Although probably wouldn't surprise half of us on here.. :D

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn. Good luck w/ your recovery.

Don't tell us you're riding around with your knee in a brace. Although probably wouldn't surprise half of us on here.. :D

I was back on my bike after two day, although it took me about 5 minutes to figure out how to mount the bike since I could not put any pressure on my left knee. Even putting the side stand down is an effort. Although I am much better today, I am still walking with a limp and my knee buckles if I really apply any pressure. I ride my bike gingerly, but have to admit I am very vulnerable. Just not confident to execute some of my maneuvers with a torn ACL.

I will have a gigantic brace on after the surgery, but the doctor thinks I can begin riding in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, I have been playing as many car video games as possible, learning and getting use to driving. I will be renting a car for a few weeks.

Yes, major thread hijack!

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
I was back on my bike after two day, although it took me about 5 minutes to figure out how to mount the bike since I could not put any pressure on my left knee. Even putting the side stand down is an effort. Although I am much better today, I am still walking with a limp and my knee buckles if I really apply any pressure. I ride my bike gingerly, but have to admit I am very vulnerable. Just not confident to execute some of my maneuvers with a torn ACL.

I will have a gigantic brace on after the surgery, but the doctor thinks I can begin riding in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, I have been playing as many car video games as possible, learning and getting use to driving. I will be renting a car for a few weeks.

Yes, major thread hijack!

Hell has frozen over. VR is getting a car. You must start a new thread and take a photo of your (rental) motor.. :D

But seriously.. I'm sure you'll drive a heck of a lot better than full time cagers out there.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hell has frozen over. VR is getting a car. You must start a new thread and take a photo of your (rental) motor.. :D

But seriously.. I'm sure you'll drive a heck of a lot better than full time cagers out there.

Kenny Man up and get a Quad, seriously heal up mate. I paraphrase but to quote Botch, I would rather have you as a cage driving friend than a late MC riding buddy.

Nelly

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

SAAVA

Reaction score
Visit site
Update to thread: I just replaced the Michelin Pilot Road 3 that started the thread and drum roll please.... I was able to get another 32,488 miles with this replacement. Since I basically was able to get the same mileage between the pr2 as the pr3, I saved a few bucks and went back to the pr2. Cheers!

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Honestly, I was close to selling it and putting the money into a new bike and even test rode a few bikes and worked numbers with a couple of dealers, but I decided to keep the Yamaha for a while longer.

I went to test ride a Street Triple, 2015 model today and decided to keep my 08FZ6 (10k miles on it now) for some longer time.
And the vehicle I test drove has 21 miles on it, brand new.
Always, my only cry has been ABS.

Serzedo

Reaction score
www.mototurismoadois.pt.vu
Never did so many km's on any of the tyres, they usually last around 22.000 km's, most people make them last less around here.

I think one of the main reasons is tyre pressure, I usually check that before a ride.

"V"