Owners Manual and Key Transponder

FUHL

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a 2006 FZ6. The previous owner could not find the owner’s manual. He said he would mail it to me if he did. I downloaded one from a site that was free. My concern is it might be a Manual from another country, perhaps Australia, I am from the US. In the manual it states that the Key has a transponder and the bike will not start with just a normal key. The bike did not come with a Transponder key, just a normal flat key. Can someone with a manual that is from the US tell me if they have a section about the transponder key? The “Immobilizer System” section starts on page 3-1 in my manual. Also the part number for the manual is 5vx-28199-EA.

Thanks.

SandyN

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my 2004 with all 3 keys (2 black, 1 red) but no manual. I have downloaded both the Owners manual and the Service manual, both American editions, for it. Check page 6 of your Owners manual; it should give you which manual it is.

FUHL

Reaction score
Visit site
All that I can find is the year of print, 2004. I just noticed that all the distance measurements are in metric. So it must not be a US Manual.

Last edited:

Marcin

Reaction score
Visit site
The transponder in the key is so small that there is no difference in the keys at all. U should notice a red blinking diode on the speedo. If it is there and the bike starts than U have a transponder jey

FUHL

Reaction score
Visit site
What I meant was it only show KM per hour and not Miles per hour like my other Japanese bikes manuals do.
I searched the 5vx-28199-EA part number and I only get hits from Germany and Denmark.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As I understood it the red key transponder was only Europe, South Africa and Australia but not North America, I have one myself and it made a big difference in my Insurance (compared to my previous bike).

So Uptil now I've only read that you guys (across the pond) don't have the red keys.

The user manual should be downloadable from your local yamaha website. Good luck.

FUHL

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah you have to pay for it on the US site. That is why I downloaded the free one, just wondering what country the free one was from.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the US version but its the 07 and up owners manual as a PDF file. Some changes but most of it is applicable. The security system is NOT in this manual..

PM me with an e-mail address if you want it..

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You're welcome. A user on here named Darius gave the link to me.

Boneman is/was a user on here. I checked his stats and he hasn't posted since 11/2011. His site has some great stuff. :cool:

Chris