Passenger handles - same for old and new FZ6?

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
Passenger handles - are they the same for older FZ6 (04-06) and newer FZ6 07-xx).

Reason for question is that I found this 2nd hand topbox and rack. Seller claims it is an original Yamaha Topbox (44 litres) even though I have never seen it before? His bike was a 2007- and he is unsure if it would fit mine. He is 80km away so I wouldn't bother the trip if someone here knew it wouldn't fit?

Can't attach right now of some reason but here is a link to the add with pics!

Topboks, Yamaha, Original Y... – dba.dk – Køb og Salg af Nyt og Brugt

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
i can assure you that they are the same. same shape, weight, fitment points etc. all that differs is the colours! i know because i have bought an 07 blue one to fit on my 06,when i had one of my accidents and broke the black 06 one. the 07 fit perfectly wiht no issues and no modding or anything needed.

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
i can assure you that they are the same. same shape, weight, fitment points etc. all that differs is the colours! i know because i have bought an 07 blue one to fit on my 06,when i had one of my accidents and broke the black 06 one. the 07 fit perfectly wiht no issues and no modding or anything needed.

My parents spent their summerholiday at Malta a few years ago. They rented a little old Nissan Micra. They had a bumpy ride on a few evil roads almost every day, so I can surely understand why you had "one of your accidents" :thumbup: