patched tires

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a need for a tire on my FZ badly.....

My buddy has one that we patched from the inside, not a plug, that I was going to put on as a replacement.

Im sure that since we patched it from the inside properly that its safe for normal operating, but for when I do a burnout in the box or take it down the strip at well into triple digit speeds.....thats my only hiccup...

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That's a BIG HICCUP.

I've combo plug/patched tires with minor holes but haven't done what your going to do with it (and wouldn't)..

I'm sure they'll be some follow up pic's and a GOOD story, wether you tell it or a bystander does.

Good luck, you'll need it...:rolleyes:

:Sport:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Although most highway tires have a DOT approval for speeds out of the FZ6's reach, if I'm not mistaken you are potentially using a race tire. If its not DOT approved I would not chance it.

Even at that, a SS tire for a road course is different than a drag tire as the belts on a drag tire are mostly in line with the direction of rotation where a road course tire runs at a 45 deg for example to stiffen the sidewall.

You could get lucky and have nothing come of it smoking and speeding away. Or torn belts from the puncture could let go and cause trouble beyond imagine. The fact that you posted seems to question it as if there is doubt about its integrity. With that, I'd sit this one out.

The flip side, I've never seen a DOT approved tire carcass let go. Its why I plugged mine recently (tiny pin hole) and am keeping a close eye on it for trueness. Should it change shape at all, its off there!

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
its a Pilot road 2 that had a penny nail in it.....
Im not using it as a track tire, im just saying that the bike sees high speeds....
I have a brand new bt-023 coming but it wont be here for a bit.