PC with scorpion exhaust?

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently installed a scorpion exhaust which included a mid pipe which acts as a cat delete. I bought the kit used so it didn't come with any paperwork for me to read or anything.

Would I benefit from a power commander and a day at the dyno? I'm not exactly on a quest for more power, but the bike will benefit from better fueling and engine management I'm all for that. Do you guys think it's worth the time and money to invest, or just leave the bike as is?

red06

Reaction score
Visit site
yup get a pc and K&N air filter or BMC air filter . Its worth the $ but i dont know if a custom tune is really worth it its 300-400$

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently installed a scorpion exhaust which included a mid pipe which acts as a cat delete. I bought the kit used so it didn't come with any paperwork for me to read or anything.

Would I benefit from a power commander and a day at the dyno? I'm not exactly on a quest for more power, but the bike will benefit from better fueling and engine management I'm all for that. Do you guys think it's worth the time and money to invest, or just leave the bike as is?
It's a lot of money for very small power gain. Unplug the battery overnight and the EFI will automatically reset for your setup. You could tweak your setup with Power Commander etc, but it's not gonna instantly create any more than a couple of hp!!!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Once you remove the CAT pipe you are removing back pressure. You should still have remaining CATs in the header on 07 and later FZ6. This is the reason manufacturers use valves like the Exup valves to produce back pressure during low volume/ low rpm which open during higher volume output of the motor. The bikes tend to lean out at the lower rpm when you remove back pressure. Not good for the motor. I would suggest putting the CAT pipe back in and be on your way or get the PC and tune it $$$.

Signal 50

Reaction score
Visit site
It's a lot of money for very small power gain. Unplug the battery overnight and the EFI will automatically reset for your setup. You could tweak your setup with Power Commander etc, but it's not gonna instantly create any more than a couple of hp!!!

Thanks, I will do this tonight and see if it changes things. At least as a place to start.

Once you remove the CAT pipe you are removing back pressure. You should still have remaining CATs in the header on 07 and later FZ6. This is the reason manufacturers use valves like the Exup valves to produce back pressure during low volume/ low rpm which open during higher volume output of the motor. The bikes tend to lean out at the lower rpm when you remove back pressure. Not good for the motor. I would suggest putting the CAT pipe back in and be on your way or get the PC and tune it $$$.

Thanks for the explanation, that's what I was looking for. I noticed there was a pretty noticeable drop in back pressure. It doesn't really change the way the bike rides, just something I noticed. I'd prefer to leave it as is, with the cat delete. Just one less time I have to take the whole thing apart.

I think I will opt for a PC in a month or two. A fellow riding buddy runs a dyno shop so I could get a custom tune from him a little cheaper.