People are morons - close call

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
As everyone else has said glad you ok, and good job not only keeping your cool but keeping it upright as well.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Like FDR, there are places here I dislike with a passion - the 405. . . A mere mile stretch of it black with skid marks from every direction. Its one of the most convoluted merges on the planet whereby the far lefties try to go Far right via 4 lanes of traffic and vice verse. . . Benders are the norm here. . .

Glad you're up and all is well! be safe and maybe passing through there at a different time???

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Note to self: Put hi-viz vest on shopping list.

Commuting 60 miles a day... need all the help I can get.

Twenty minutes east of me the kind country folk pull over at the wide spot and let me by. They are what I'd consider aware and considerate! :thumbup:

20 min to the west, they look you in the eye and run you over as if your gnat just waiting to be squished. . . Their bumper inches from your tail. I reach out with my boot to kick one and he stayed back for the remainder.
Night and day. . .

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I have great respect for those of us brave enough to commute in city traffic (especially NYC) on a bike. Glad you were not hurt.

I couldn't do it personally. I love living and working in a small town surrounded by country backroads begging for the throttle to be twisted.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Let me be egotistical....I am a VERY good 'Cage Operator'. And after many years away from 2 wheels, I just got my license again. I cannot believe the state of disconnection that cagers have with their 3000lb bumper cars! Riding the FZ has made me a better cager.....I know what I look like from the bike in front of me.

As part of the driving test...every cager should be required to spend a week commuting on the pillion. It will be an eye opener for them. Maybe we just need more DPS (Dope Protector Software) like Lane Departure Warning, or Laser regulated cruise control! What we need is software that will deliver a shock through the steering wheel whenever a cager does this......

Some of life is luck, and luck can't be controlled.

Glad you are ok....

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Some of life is luck, and luck can't be controlled.

Glad you are ok....

maybe not but skill and reaction time sure can compensate for a lack of luck. I've had a few close calls on the bike and looking back on them my reaction at the moment of truth is what kept me from harm, not luck. Bad luck is what put the close call in front of me in the first place.

Karate.Snoopy

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you are doing alright dude.

I commute to work mostly, a short commute of about 10 miles to work but treacherous none the less. As soon as I spot a person on a cell phone I try to stay the Eff away from them.

Couple of a days back I had a close call. I was getting ready to take the exit on the right. Had my turn signals blinking, gave the hand signal for the visually challenged,checked my mirrors,head check,checked my mirrors again started to turn.
Despite this the guy (yapping on the cell phone) driving behind me decided he wanted to overtake me from the right lane :-| at the same exact moment as I started to shift lanes. He gunned his cage and nearly ran me over.
I was so mad that I opened the throttle and decided to chase him down and give him a good whacking. But then I got my bearings right , took my exit and cooled off.

Sometimes sh*t just happens.
BTW I am in favor of banning the use of hand held cell phones whilst driving.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
BTW I am in favor of banning the use of hand held cell phones whilst driving.

+1 on that. All cars should be equipped with cellular jamming devices which prevent people from talking or texting while driving. As much as I hate the government restricting our freedoms a crack down on texting and talking on a phone while driving would saves as many lives as a crack down on drunk driving, probably more. Distracted driving accounts for more traffic fatalities than drunk drivers and it's pretty obvious that most distracted drivers are on their damn phones!