photo chop request

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
ok so my truck took a little damage and due to this i dont think it will get painted quite the same. my dads car is a dark brown and he wants to get some touch up paint for it and we thought why not get some extra? so here are a couple pics before and a couple pics of the car for color comprehension and then my lame attempt on paint. the idea is around the bottom (to fix then hide where the rust is), the rear fenders (where the damage is) and the front edge of the hood (rust, and will have a bug guard probly put on so the paint at the front edge probly wont be seen just the stripe) and from rib to rib like a big fat wide stripe., and the front fender flares for affect..

the truck
DSC07013.jpg

DSC07016.jpg

DSC07015.jpg

the main reason for the paint

DSC09460.jpg

the car

DSC04953.jpg

DSC09468.jpg

DSC09467.jpg

and my lame attempt, feel free to flame on

mytruck1chopped.jpg

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Please no that's horrible!!!!! just paint the truck fom the upper belt line down a light brown and leave the top the original brown it will look good....Chip Foose style... :D

Last edited:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
big dog, you are stuck in the 70's my man.

shreveport, you are a designing genius!!

go with shreveports idea.

ill try to photoshop this later or 2morrow.

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
mayby the reason they did it in the 70's is for the same reason i am thinking about doning it now... i am a cheap @$$ !!!! besides it is a truck and i use it like one, function over form.. it needs to work , i just figured i would try to make it look a little better than damaged..

case in point... i when i bought this s10 o paid $200 for it.. put some money in it (motor was shot..) and i think to this day ( been driving it off and on for about 8 years) i have about 500 total into it.. to include the wicked cool rattle can paint job the other day.. (the s10 is the "winterbeater" that i drive when i put my car up for the winter, and being that i broke the car i am driving it early this year) again it moves and does what it is supposed to.. looks come way second..

from this

DSC08648.jpg

to this

DSC07312.jpg

DSC07207.jpg

and this

DSC09477-1.jpg

and finnaly this as of 8/10/09 at about $60 it looks better than it has in years

DSC09518.jpg

now both mine and the wifes summer cars and both bikes get treated better in the looks departments.. and they all get mechanicly taken care of, some just look better than others.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
mayby the reason they did it in the 70's is for the same reason i am thinking about doning it now... i am a cheap @$$ !!!! besides it is a truck and i use it like one, function over form.. it needs to work , i just figured i would try to make it look a little better than damaged..

case in point... i when i bought this s10 o paid $200 for it.. put some money in it (motor was shot..) and i think to this day ( been driving it off and on for about 8 years) i have about 500 total into it.. to include the wicked cool rattle can paint job the other day.. (the s10 is the "winterbeater" that i drive when i put my car up for the winter, and being that i broke the car i am driving it early this year) again it moves and does what it is supposed to.. looks come way second..

from this

DSC08648.jpg

to this

DSC07312.jpg

DSC07207.jpg

and this

DSC09477-1.jpg

and finnaly this as of 8/10/09 at about $60 it looks better than it has in years

DSC09518.jpg

now both mine and the wifes summer cars and both bikes get treated better in the looks departments.. and they all get mechanicly taken care of, some just look better than others.
did you look at my post??? easy cheap fix and look awesome.....

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
did you look at my post??? easy cheap fix and look awesome.....

i did and i do like the look, but that would mean more prep, and more paint of another color to buy. like i said we are all ready going to buy some of the other paint we would just get more of it.

i just want the damage and the rust fixed and something better looking than leaving it in spot primer..

nice job bikerider i think i like the look just not the hood roof stripe. and the second wont cover the rust spots... so i think the first one without the hood and roof will work for what i am looking for.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The light brown will hide the ding's and dent's and be more for giving of not so great prep work the pic is the color brown and paint scheme i'm recomending.. :rockon:

Last edited: