Photos of the area where you live

W

wrightme43

I was talking with Mirkka and asked her to post some pictures of Finland. I doubt I will ever be able to visit there, and would like to see it.
Please post photos or links to photos of the area where you live. It will be nice to see the things you see all the time. This is mammoth cave national park.
http://www2.nature.nps.gov/air/webcams/parks/macacam/macacam.cfm

Here is the Corvette museum.
http://www.corvettemuseum.com/webcam/pop_camera2.htm

Here are lots of awesome photos of Mammoth Cave. It takes a few hours to get thru them all though.
http://www.nps.gov/maca/photosmultimedia/photogallery.htm

Here are some photos of lake Malone. Pretty good twisties, there and back. I found some really nice roads today.

And here are some more. I am still going to LBL tomorrow. The guy I was going to ride with canceled, so I will just have to go by myself. Thats ok though, since I can leave much earlier in the morning.

Here is a really cool shot of one of the creeks that feed into lake Malone.

Great photos!

Here's a few from last summer. I was on a summer 'cottage' with my friends. And the last one is from a little creek in Hirvihaara, some 25 miles from Helsinki.

Yesterday I visited Fiskars Village and I even had the camera with me so I could take some photos. Unfortunately my fingers were a bit numb (not so warm day after all) so I had to leave it for next time. LOL

On the same trip I had the chance to try my friend's V-Max. Quite a culture shock, I'll say! The steering wasn't near that stable and light as in FZ but at least I managed to keep the bike on road LOL. On highway going 80 mph it felt a bit nasty, 'cause the V-Max didn't have a windshield at all. But it had the power allright. Still I have to admit that it felt great getting back on my FZ again after that. :eek:

Cool Mirkka, I like the lake, and the house is cool. What is the ladder for though?

Here are a bunch from LBL yesterday, and the Jefferson Davis monument.

Here are some more. Just because it says paved, sure doesnt mean it is. LOL

That first picture of the Jefferson Davis monument was the best. The bike in front of it just crowned the whole thing!

The ladder are on the wall for giving easy access to the roof. I guess it's meant for minor repair and removing snow. Almost every house has them so I have never even thought why they should not be there. LOL

Cool, if you did that in the U.S. you would come home and have strange people hanging out on the roof. LOL

WoW McLovin....how far back did you go to find this old thread?!?! Must have had a ton of dust on it for sure!
But WTH.....I'll add to it, since you went thru the all the trouble to dig it up.

first pic: The Kissing Camels in the Garden of the Gods Park
second: Pikes Peak
third: The Cadet Chapel on the Air Force Academy

Last edited:
WoW McLovin....how far back did you go to find this old thread?!?! Must have had a ton of dust on it for sure!
But WTH.....I'll add to it, since you went thru the all the trouble to dig it up.

first pic: The Kissing Camels in the Garden of the Gods Park
second: Pikes Peak
third: The Cadet Chapel on the Air Force Academy

I was testing something :spank:

Ocracoke Island,NC , USA
Sand, Water, Sand and like NY City in the summer.First is the secret spot and the last is my other "bike":rockon: All in 13 miles

Testing something or not, this is a fun thread....I have to go take some pics of the area I live, it is beautiful, but all I have seem to be playgrounds and my house.....

Few pics from parks near my house

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Few pics from parks near my house

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Still havent figured out my initial issue tho...so Erci, maybe you can answer me since you just posted the way Ive been wanting to. How do you make it so that the pictures show up in the thread in high-res., rather than little thumbnails at the bottom? When I upload pictures it seems to put the thumbnail on there only. :confused:

Back