Pilot Road 4's installed

garmie

Reaction score
Visit site
So I got a fresh set of Pilot Road 4's mounted a couple of days ago. I'm happy with the increased road comfort so far. But I really haven't scratched the surface (no pun intended) of the tires yet and my experience level is so low that I won't max out the traction capabilities anyway. I paid $344 after mounting and tax for anyone curious.

After reinstalling my wheels, I went for a test ride. I noticed that my bike pretty obviously pulled to the left when not holding the handle bars. I tried many, many times in various seating positions to confirm that it was a bike configuration and not my lack of skill. I concluded the bike was at fault.

I went home and confirmed that the chain adjustment screws were matched on both sides of the rear wheel. Knowing the bike pulled to the left, I assumed that the right side was too far back, so I adjusted the left side back as well, staying within my slack specs on the chain.

Pull was reduced quite a bit, but not completely. I made another tiny adjustment but really couldn't get the configuration any closer. I realized that without precise machines, I've maxed out the tolerances that a human get obtain.

The bike handles perfectly fine and my chain probably needed a little less slack anyway. Anyone else have this sort of experience? Anything else I should check on my bike?

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
Did it pull to the side before the new tires? You absolutely must insure the wheels are aligned straight! Use string wrapped around the rear wheel up to the front back to the rear, verify the front wheel is straight ahead and note how the string is even on both sides of front and rear wheels. If it still pulls the frame must be bent.