Pinlock visor durability

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
After about two years of use, my trusty pinlock visor has been fogging up between the insert and visor on recent cold mornings.

I took it apart and found the lower silicon bead on the insert is no longer tacky. And the top part left a bit of itself permanently attached to the visor. I wiped it all down with alcohol, reattached the insert and adjusted the pins for the best seal, but it's far from good as new. Time for a whole new kit ($70,) I suppose, but it's money well spent.

Is my problem unique? What kind of lifetime are you all seeing with your Pinlocks?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was going to get a pinlock for my RF1100 and was thinking about how well it might work so I'm using Cat Crap anti fog cream and It seems to work very well for my specific types of weather conditions. I wonder if you treated both surfaces with the Cat Crap whether it would alleviate the condition and save you a couple of bucks.

I know, why did they name it Cat Crap!? Prolly so you don't look for lip balm and put it on yer lips?? :confused::eek: :p

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
I was going to get a pinlock for my RF1100 and was thinking about how well it might work so I'm using Cat Crap anti fog cream and It seems to work very well for my specific types of weather conditions. I wonder if you treated both surfaces with the Cat Crap whether it would alleviate the condition and save you a couple of bucks.

I know, why did they name it Cat Crap!? Prolly so you don't look for lip balm and put it on yer lips?? :confused::eek: :p

The pinlock works so well I haven't considered using anything else. I went ahead and ordered a new set -- I had some Revzilla bucks to cash in to bring the price down a bit.

So while I wait for that to arrive, I'll just chase down the neighbor's kitty, Princess, and squeeze. ;)

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Have a pinlock on my RF1100 and it fogs a little but much better than without the pinlock insert. I swap the clear and tinted inserts out and have found the pins can be rotated for a better fit. Love the RF1100 - only complaint is the visor fogs easily.

hsq91

Reaction score
Visit site
Pinlock is amazing! Absolutely no fogging and install was a breeze. The night issue is very minor. There is a tiny amount of reflections of lights through it but it's not an issue at all when compared to the alternative.