Pirelli Angel GT's arriving today. Please give feedback on this tire

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been wanting to try the Angel GT's really since they came out ~2 years ago.

After having 2 sets of Pilot Road 2's with great success (12k plus miles on each set), I wanted to try something different

Please tell me what you think of:
- Performance - how well you think they stick in corners
- How well they do in wet conditions
- Your mileage out of a set of Angel GT's

Thanks!
Tom

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been happy with my Angel GTs for the past 11 months. They did well enough at my first two track days last month that I couldn't outride them, and they seem to be wearing pretty well, even though I only have 3k on them. I've only been caught in the rain a couple times, and while I was deliberately being exceptionally careful, they didn't make me lose confidence in them.

PR2s are also a good tire from what I've read, though I've never ridden on them myself. I had Angel STs before the GTs. I put 7k on them myself, and the previous owner probably put on a few k as well, though I'm not sure how many.

pulsar2

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a few hundred miles on the bike since I put the GTs and definitely recommend them. My previous tires were Metzeler Z8s - got great mileage out of them but decided to replace since the grip seemed to be lacking and had cupped badly. GTs IMO stick better and *feel* better. There is no vague feeling that I felt with the Z8s.

And, corners, yes, they do great in the corners. Havn't taken the bike to any canyon carving, but already down to the last .5 inch chicken strips on them riding the regular roads. They stick well and have a positive feeling about it.

Have ridden on wet roads and again the feeling was much better than the Z8s. Not saying that Z8s were slippery or bad, but they felt a bit vague and I was always cautious on them. The GTs on the other hand has good traction at normal riding pace.

These are so sticky, I dont mind if they last half as much as the Z8 (lasted over 10k miles), GTs are that much more fun.