Please Help

TimothyFz

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys I am new to the bike world and my 2007 FZ6 has started making a noise around 8k rpm and shaking feeling in first gear. I couldn’t give it hard throttle or else this would happen. It started getting worse, happening in every gear eventually I couldn’t give it barely any throttle without this noise and vibration happening. Now I can’t get it in gear without it. I believe it is something with the chain. If it is in neutral there is no noise, nothing wrong or if it’s on the stand wheel the back wheel off the ground it doesn’t make it without giving it hard throttle. I’m lost on what the problem is.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Speed or RPM..... if it is speed related you need to look at things like tire balance and chain slack, if it is related to RPM then the most likely cause is TB sync, coil wires, valve adjustments, engine mounting. Any mods?

TimothyFz

Reaction score
Visit site
Speed or RPM..... if it is speed related you need to look at things like tire balance and chain slack, if it is related to RPM then the most likely cause is TB sync, coil wires, valve adjustments, engine mounting. Any mods?

I’m not sure it’s either. Basically quick acceleration is usually when it happens. It soundalike the chain is slapping something on the topside. But I don’t think there is a ton of slack

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd be checking the sprockets and chain- sounds like some bound up links and maybe a badly worn front sprocket, a 2007 could likely have done 40,000 kms. My '09 got to ~
50K and the chain had a few bound links- didnt create vibrations but not ideal.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
And there have been instances where the front sprocket has loosened the nut and wiggled free. Take off the front sprocket cover and post up photos of the front, rear and chain.....

Oh yeah.... how many miles on the bike?