Postcards from around the world

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm curious to know how many you have recieved and from where! If you have time, can you let us know? And how's the 'project' is going?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mum would like a hand with a class she helps in at school, any help would be highly appreciated :thumbup:

My name is Kaylene Brien and I am a School Learning Support Officer in a Special Needs Class at Wellington Public School in NSW.
My class is a multi level and multi aged class. At the moment we only have one girl who is in Year 3 and the 7 boys are in Years 1, 4, 5 and 6.
Next term we are focusing on a book where a Grandfather sends his Grandson a postcard from all the places he visits on his holiday.
To make these lessons more engaging, I was hoping you could help me out by sending my class a postcard.
I would really appreciate your efforts and I know my students will be very excited to receive mail.

If you are able to help, please send a blank postcard to
K-6P c/o
Kaylene Brien
PO Box 14
Wellington NSW 2820
Australia
Hi Stink,

I have got a card for your mum. Its from the county where I live in Ireland. I went to four places to get one (which is no hassle btw).
People are just not stocking them. Where I live wouldn't be known to be touristy. Since the recession the news agents have just stopped bothering to get any in. I thought that was a pretty good indicator of how far we have come down this financial balls up.

Anyway just to get to the true nature of my post. Would your Mum like us to write on the cards ? Like a short greeting and things about the place etc? Or would she prefer they are left blank.

Nelly

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It hard to get a nice pic for a postcard when its always raining :eek: :BLAA: :justkidding:
This is very true mate,

However, I bet some of you Sheila's would swap a bit of our pasture enriching rain for some of your bush burning heat. You know what I mean...

Its also hard to get one when people haven't got a clue why you would want to send one from where I live lol.

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
Update from mum;)

Thank you for your help with my postcard project for my class.
So far i have received over 200 post cards from all over Australia and 4 from overseas-Finland, france and 2 from USA but Lincoln has told me to expect more from overseas in the mail.
I did my first lesson with my class today (first day back after the holidays for 2 weeks) We concentrated on 20 places in NSW (Australia). My students realy enjoyed hearing about each town and why it was special to the person who sent the card.
They told us about the attractions in their area, what they do in their spare time and whatever else they could think of.
The kids were disapointed when we had to stop the lesson so they could go home. They cant wait to continue the lesson tomorrow
Thanks again for your help
Kaylene Brien

from me
I would like to thank you all for your help with this project it is highly appreciated and i can see that it will help the kids understand and enjoy the lessons more. Apparently they are goin to do an hour or so everyday and they will end up learning all about AUS and all around the world. These cards will also be kept and used for years to come in similar lessons and in other classes if they are needed so they will be a great help for the primary school kids and the ones in need of a bit extra help.
I am so very much impressed with this forum and the people on here it realy is the best forum i have come across :thumbup: the people on here are just awsome :)

so far have recived cards from taku and lytehouse thanks:D

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome! When my kids were little, there was nothing I looked foward to more than "going to school" with them on Friday to help out the teachers. Glad to hear this project was successful.