Potential Riders MUST READ!!!!!

did you actualy read the whole artical?

• Total voters

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you are in the US (your profile says PNW) the answer is...they don’t. Sorry to hear about your wife. I’m glad to hear that you are following a dream or desire. The nice thing about motorcycles is that when you are riding, you typically only think about the ride.

pizza_pablo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you are in the US (your profile says PNW) the answer is...they don’t. Sorry to hear about your wife. I’m glad to hear that you are following a dream or desire. The nice thing about motorcycles is that when you are riding, you typically only think about the ride.
I am. The Pacific Northwest US.
My question was how the UK Gov actually restricts the HP. I believe that's what Nelly was stating.
Are you saying that it is not physically restricted or that the US Gov does not?
I was just curious.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
They may also limit throttle opening to reduce horsepower/performance depending on engine displacement.

pizza_pablo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You can go buy the most powerful sport bike made with a wet license.

In the UK they limit horsepower via a displacement limit through a tiered license system.
Ok. I've read that before about the UK, but Nelly's post seemed to touch on a different aspect. I think I got tripped up, by the way Nelly phrased it. "restrict the engine".
My mind went to the engine actually being altered in some way and it piqued my curiosity.
Obviously, I misinterpreted the wording.
Apologies!

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok. I've read that before about the UK, but Nelly's post seemed to touch on a different select. I think I got tripped up, but the way Nelly phrased it. "restrict the engine".
My mind went to the engine actually being altered in some way and it piqued my curiosity.
Obviously, I misinterpreted the wording.
Apologies!
Yes the modification to the engine refers to a throttle limiter that mechanically limits the the rotation of the throttle body opening so that full power can not be achieved. This might be the case with a 600cc type bike but it may not be required on a 250cc bike.
Here's a thread on it. https://www.600riders.com/threads/fz6-s-fazer-78-hp-to-98-hp-re-set.46722/

pizza_pablo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site