PowerMadd Handguards and MRA Vario

Wearyeyed

Reaction score
Visit site
Just my two-cents for anyone using the Powermadd Guards (because the blue-on-black matches oh, so well...) and/or the MRA Vario Windscreeen...

I find the guards, my heated grips, and a pair of Scarab gloves allow me to ride pretty comfortably down to about 27F...except for my finger-tips.

After much experimentation, I found that flipping the guards upside-down (and thus swapping sides to mount them) offer the greatest protection to my finger-tips.

In this configuration, the Scarabs seem to protect my knuckles fairly well, with radiant heat from the grips making the main mass of my hand pretty comfortable.

So, it works to at least 27F, works much better, and there is still means to bring the guards *up* if you feel you lose too much heat off the top of your hand...

...though you now have the badging upside-down.. :(

Also, the Vario windscreen leaves *most* of us, I imagine, intuitively believing the highest setting offers the "best" protection from cold and/or buffeting.

Again, after much experimentation over many days/miles/speeds, I have decided my 6'1" frame, along with the 1-up, 1-back risers, responds *best overall* when the windshield is in the second-from-top position.

Higher, and the wind strikes my chin and higher still, introduces uncomfortable buffeting noise to the helmet, respectively.

Of course, YMMV, but the point is to experiment, and not let that nagging intuition (or pretty OEM badging) trick you into accepting a less-than-optimal solution...

Cheers!

eh89

Reaction score
Visit site
What mount are you using for the powermadd hand guards. They look great and I am considering getting a set myself. However, they offer three different ones and I am not sure what one works best?