PR4 feeling heavy ??

sheltiedave

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got a pair of Michelin Pilot Road 4 on the FZ6 and happy with them , but just wondering if it's just me or do any other PR4 owners feel them to be a bit heavy when going into corners ?

Seems like the bike leans to a certain point then feels heavy/ more of an effort to lean the bike any further ??

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm running my first set of PR4's. Had them installed late last month so I'm still sort of getting used to them. My sense is that they seem easier to turn in, and past a point almost fall in almost too fast.

But the Dunlop RoadSmart II's that they replaced were rather worn and they were feeling hard to turn in. So maybe my sense that the PR4s are easy is biased by how bad my old tires were.

Chris

pulsar2

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If the tire pressures are correct, then it might just be the *New Tire Effect*. I experienced the same when I put Pirelli Angel GTs on. They felt a lot sticky - like less pressure and took a little effort to initiate a turn. After a couple hundred miles I dont feel that anymore.

Old tires had hardened and developed cupping over time and since I have been riding it for so long - it made the new tires feel more grippy and heavy like you mentioned. I guess you will get used to it and like the additional grip even more.

sheltiedave

Reaction score
Visit site
The old back tyre was cupped a bit , so maybe having a new tyre seems to be heavier now .

But after a couple of hours running around the bike does feel a lot better in the corners :thumbup: