Price of fuel/gas

Yes, public transportation blows a$ here in the states, especially in Atlanta, the mot pedestrian UNfriendly city we have. Try and take a walk around downtown ATL and you'll see what I mean. No sidewalks to speak of, homeless rooters on every corner and in the buses, and long distances from place to place make this a good city to drive a scooter or motorcycle in. Boston was way better with it's rail lines. For a uck or two, one can hop a train in Western MA and go into any area in the city with minimal hassle.

Not so in ATL; you have to drive to a park and ride lot, pay to park there, get on a bus full of poor people, and then endure a two hour ride into the third canto of Hell. Yucch...

Well at least you have Marta! That's not too bad and it actually is a great way to get to the airport. I've taken Marta from the Hartsfield Intl after landing around 5 pm., and took it to Buckhead. It was much quicker and cheaper than a taxi or any other vehicle transport.

also if the price of oil skyrockets my local economy BOOOOOOMS cuz i live in alberta. i wanted more people on bikes cuz it means for more selection in gear, in bikes, better prices, more riders, more cager awareness of bikes etc etc.

so it was pretty selfish. but my above post also is true

Nice try but it will have an opposite effect. If the price explodes you won't have the money for the bike or the gear because you will be paying an exploded price for everything from milk to eggs to corn to the cloths on your back because it takes crude to make the diesel to drive the transportation mechanism for the products you buy. In turn the price of the bikes will go up as well because the cost of building those bikes will go up as well.

I haven't read the whole thread, but I'm paying $9.4 per gallon over here in Belgium, which is killing me! And prices seem to go up every day :/

Nice try but it will have an opposite effect. If the price explodes you won't have the money for the bike or the gear because you will be paying an exploded price for everything from milk to eggs to corn to the cloths on your back because it takes crude to make the diesel to drive the transportation mechanism for the products you buy. In turn the price of the bikes will go up as well because the cost of building those bikes will go up as well.

not rly man, if it just sustains where it is right now even, wouldnt even have to explode further just sustain it.....and ill be making well over 6 figures. got 2 years left in school.

so if im making well over 6 figures, im sure i can afford a few sandwiches and leather gloves.....

to thee i say....WOOT!!

not rly man, if it just sustains where it is right now even, wouldnt even have to explode further just sustain it.....and ill be making well over 6 figures. got 2 years left in school.

so if im making well over 6 figures, im sure i can afford a few sandwiches and leather gloves.....

to thee i say....WOOT!!

It won't stay there and making 6 figures may buy sandwiches and gloves but it won't change the hurt created by the exploding gas or fuel prices. The other thing you may want to consider are those young folks that at present are having a hard time getting to work because they can no longer afford to buy gas. While you are in school you may want to take an economics class because that 6 figure income may not even be there in 2 years assuming you graduate.

It won't stay there and making 6 figures may buy sandwiches and gloves but it won't change the hurt created by the exploding gas or fuel prices. The other thing you may want to consider are those young folks that at present are having a hard time getting to work because they can no longer afford to buy gas. While you are in school you may want to take an economics class because that 6 figure income may not even be there in 2 years assuming you graduate.

I agree. Correct me if I'm wrong, but people don't make 6 figures out of college. They MIGHT if they just graduated with their doctorate but I'd imagine less than 5% of Dr. Graduates make 6 figures within the first 5 years out of school, or even less if they have no experience. The wages that are advertised for jobs are usually from a person with a management position with that specific degree working over people that actually do the specific job. Also with the economy the way it is and companies downsizing, the jobs might not be there either.

From what I've seen you can usually count on making 50-65% of what the advertised salary for that job is, fresh out of school with no experience. Especially with the way our economy is. I'll have 5 years of internship experience when I get my bachelors since I was hired right out of high school, but I only expect to make somewhere around 65-75% of what they say people are making when I graduate, if I get hired into a company similar to the one I am at now.

Just as an example, my friends dad is a chemical engineer with about 30 years experience, he's old. He makes around $85k. My girlfriend is a chemE intern and she works with a couple of fresh chemical engineers and they're only making between $49-$51k with internship experience out of school. Granted, they work at different companies, but the companies are relatively the same size, and in very similar towns in the same state.

The answer is in wheat and grain. Many OPEC nations buy US grain and wheat for roughly $7.00 a bushel. We buy crude at $139 a barrel. If we sell the wheat and grain at $80 a bushel OPEC can either buy our bushels or eat their oil..... Works for me...

HavBlue for President:cheer:

Back