Quest for the perfect tailbag continues

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
So I received the Chase Harper 4100 B-Alaska a couple days ago. I was hoping this would be the perfect tailbag....but alas, it's a little too big in my opinion. So, it is for sale if anybody's interested $50 shipped, OBO.

Anyway, I found two more candidates for the perfect tailbag for FZ6.

The Joe Rocket Space Pack 2.0
http://www.motorcyclegear.com/parts/luggage/seat_bags/joe_rocket/motorcycle_space_pack.html

Ogio "Stealth" Tail Bag
OGIO Moto Sport Tail Bag :: MotorcycleGear.com

The reasons why I like these bags is because of the mounting system. I don't like bungee cords because the look of it. The Joe Rocket bag has velcro straps that straps under the seat. The Ogio has a buckle system that allows quick installation/uninstallation.

What are your guys opinions?

5spoke

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually really like my Cortech sport tail bag. Its just enough space for me to carry what I need to a from work, but the sides are expandable to get a little more space if needed. It also fits pretty well on the rear of the seat and doesn't hang over or push up against my back when I ride, honestly I don't even notice its back there. I always use the bungees to attach it but I have a good system down to have it secure and not be bungeed all over the exhaust. I can snap a pic later of it on my bike but there are actually a couple of fz6's in the google image search for "Cortech sport tail bag".

couple pics I snagged from google. Its really a good quality bag. To be honest its the only one I have tried, but I like it, so I figure if it's not broken I won't fix it. :thumbup:

154333d1205693823t-mounting-cortech-tail-bag-ideas-dscn2573.jpg

154334d1205693823t-mounting-cortech-tail-bag-ideas-dscn2574.jpg

tailbag_cortech_sport_black_2.jpg

Reaction score
Visit site
Anything by Kriega. They get rave reviews. I have the US-20 and LOVE it. Completely waterproof, under seat attachment, lots of carrying options, it even has a white inside so you can see what you're rummaging around for! If you don't have it on the bike, use their double female clips to hold the straps in place.

Awesome bag. Awesome company.

Kriega - Kriega Tail & Tank Bags

If you're strict on those two, I'd go with the Ogio. I've seen that one around, but have no experience with it.

Military discount too :thumbup:

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yamaha Tail Bag, it's a perfect fit for the FZ. I'm on my 2nd one. Just one warning, make sure you spray UV protection on the bag to protect it from fading.

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Anything by Kriega. They get rave reviews. I have the US-20 and LOVE it. Completely waterproof, under seat attachment, lots of carrying options, it even has a white inside so you can see what you're rummaging around for! If you don't have it on the bike, use their double female clips to hold the straps in place.

Awesome bag. Awesome company.

Kriega - Kriega Tail & Tank Bags

If you're strict on those two, I'd go with the Ogio. I've seen that one around, but have no experience with it.

Military discount too :thumbup:

you're right, I'm strict on one of these two (so please everyone else, don't suggest any other bags). Tell me more about the military discount.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i like my axxio bag, it is not huge but it is plenty big for me and it looks like a seat cowl not a saggy piece of luggage. I also have a large saddleman tail bag and it is big, semi-rigid and even has a built in net that pulls out to hold a helmet. I will post pics tonight when i get home.

(only on a motorcycle forum can you talk about something saggy and/or semi-rigid and something that pulls out without it being dirty lol)

edit: sorry, seen your post after i had already typed this.

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't believe it but I received the tailbag today! Wow newenough, one day shipping??? You have me as a customer FOREVER!

Anyway, back to the tail bag. I DO BELIEVE I HAVE FOUND THE PERFECT TAILBAG! It fits so perfectly on the FZ6 it's like it's designed for it (look at the website, they have the FZ6 featured, Tail Bag - Street Bike - Moto)

Their mounting system (buckles) is ideal too. No ugly bungee cords to worry about. I planned to keep the bag on all the time, so I won't be riding with the buckles unbuckled. Taking the bag off is easy as taking for buckles off. Haven't rode with tailbag yet but it feels really rock solid. Integrated rain hood is a plus.

Thorak

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking to get a tail bag that could also be mounted on the tank if I take on a passenger. The Ogio does not seem to have magnets, but are the straps long enough to reach some part of the frame where it can be attached?

Or will it even fit at all? The tank on the FZ6 is pretty oddly shaped.

lomax

Reaction score
Visit site
i agree with this one. It is a great bag. :thumbup:

Marc

I actually really like my Cortech sport tail bag. Its just enough space for me to carry what I need to a from work, but the sides are expandable to get a little more space if needed. It also fits pretty well on the rear of the seat and doesn't hang over or push up against my back when I ride, honestly I don't even notice its back there. I always use the bungees to attach it but I have a good system down to have it secure and not be bungeed all over the exhaust. I can snap a pic later of it on my bike but there are actually a couple of fz6's in the google image search for "Cortech sport tail bag".

couple pics I snagged from google. Its really a good quality bag. To be honest its the only one I have tried, but I like it, so I figure if it's not broken I won't fix it. :thumbup:

154333d1205693823t-mounting-cortech-tail-bag-ideas-dscn2573.jpg

154334d1205693823t-mounting-cortech-tail-bag-ideas-dscn2574.jpg

tailbag_cortech_sport_black_2.jpg

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a motopak tail bag and it is great, expands to fit enough clothing
and stuff for a 4-5 day trip, can carry some groceries, or stash a full
face helmet in there too, very good mounting system and a rain fly,
includes some semi-rigid inserts so it holds shape when empty,
it is however not very sporty looking, but I prefer function over form,
great deal at $75 too

.:: Welcome to motopakluggage.com - Premium sportbike and cruiser luggage bags ::.

Redback

Reaction score
Visit site
i got one of these today mind telling me how you installed it please i have just wraped it around the grab rails but yours looks so neater

and why do i get the feeling if i went into a shop someone can just unclip it and its gone

Last edited:

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
i got one of these today mind telling me how you installed it please i have just wraped it around the grab rails but yours looks so neater

and why do i get the feeling if i went into a shop someone can just unclip it and its gone

Red Back, if you're talking to me, there's two obvious place to wrap around the grab rails. It's all about tying the knots so that the length of the fastener is just right. If you need more help I can try, but it should be too easy! Please post your picture of it installed.

And yeah, anybody can unclip and take it. But that's true with any tail bag really. But they have to know how to take it off and this bag is supposed to be stealth.

Don't make tcmalker look bad, he gave a GUARANTEE that you will love this bag. But please give us your honest opinion of this bag.

Redback

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah i was talking to you tcmalker sorry. yeah right i just looped it around. my last tail bag actually strapped up under the seat when i saw this bag i thought it slid over the seat with the gap on the bottom of the bag if you know what i mean. don't know why they done that . i am stoked with the bag fits like a glove looks great and has heaps of room will post a pic tomorrow