Question about Scorpion exhaust

Va.Rider

Home in the Old Dominion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Would like to know about anyone's experience with Scorpion exhaust slip on systems. I'm seriously considering one for my '09 Fz6. Could you describe how e-z/difficult the install was & how satisfied or not you are with the overall sound & bike performance. As always, thanx in advance for any & all comments & advice. :thumbup:

TheRabbi

Reaction score
Visit site
If you buy me one, I'd be happy to get back to you on that. ;) :cheer: :thumbup:

On paper, I like them more than TBR because they're cheaper, don't have to be repacked and I think they look better. Stainless steel is better than aluminum, and their carbon fiber pattern actually looks like carbon fiber. Also, they're inserts are included and not extra.

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the stock exhaust (for now), but my buddy has the Scorpions.
I can tell you they sound amazing...and look fantastic too. I've added them to many a shopping cart online, just haven't had the bravado to check out!
One day soon tho....!

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My bike had a stock muffler when I bought it - and it was, ummm, ok.

I put the Scorpions slip-ons on (a bit of a mission 'cause you have to take apart half the back of the bike!) and my bike now sounds AWESOME!

I got the carbon cans, so metal ones may vary a little - but they are so much more throaty. With the db killers in, they are exactly the same volume (or 'loudness' as the stock - but they sound so much better! Much deeper! ('sounds' louder, but according to my phone sound level meter app, aren't ACTUALLY louder)

I haven't taken the db-killers out, as there is no need - they just sound excellent!

Cheers,
Rick

Mine before install:
pipe.jpg

And fitted:
WP_000320.jpg

Last edited:

acniss

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same carbon ones, yes you have to take the rear half of the bike apart but I think you would have to do that with exhuast system. I love mine have the db killers out and just love the sound.

attachment.php

attachment.php

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I love my SS Scorps W/O the DB killers.

Not too hard to install, I did have one screw in clamp that was cross threaded slightly and had to clean up with a tap, from the other side..

Sounds like a liter, "go fast bike" after 8k RPM's too!

Last edited:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The install wasn't that hard at all. The only hard bit (for my mechanic, Prebstar ;)) was getting the fender eliminator hooked back on and all looking even. He's a bit of a perfectionist!

The pipes look sexy.

The pipes are loud.

BUY THEM!

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The install wasn't that hard at all. The only hard bit (for my mechanic, Prebstar ;)) was getting the fender eliminator hooked back on and all looking even. He's a bit of a perfectionist!

The pipes look sexy.

The pipes are loud.

BUY THEM!

Love the look of your FZ, Kazza! That clear LED tail light with the SS Scorps is amazing!