Quiet in here ..

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Paid taxes, Married, paid taxes, had kids, paid taxes, got my dutch passport (after passing the language exam), paid taxes.
Something like that ;)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I meant the Dutch team is my team, for now anyway ;)
Thats what I thought, it's great having two options.I'm half welsh so always have two options in thr Rugby. I can't wait for the Taffs to get sorted again. In the 70's they were the all blacks of rugby. Was the whole immigration thing with Cloggy land difficult? The problem with being English is that there is raely an incentive to learn a different language. My french isn't to bad and I'm going to learn Spanish as my folks kave emigrated to Spain.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats what I thought, it's great having two options.I'm half welsh so always have two options in thr Rugby. I can't wait for the Taffs to get sorted again. In the 70's they were the all blacks of rugby. Was the whole immigration thing with Cloggy land difficult? The problem with being English is that there is raely an incentive to learn a different language. My french isn't to bad and I'm going to learn Spanish as my folks kave emigrated to Spain.

It actually wasn't too bad, did several years of evening school and got my official dutch as a second language certificates I & II which exempt me from several exams which I required to become Dutch. Basically three years working and paying taxes and a permanent job does the trick. Getting married can in some cases speed this up but at the time we were living in sin.
Now a days people applying also have to take an exam about the culture (history, traditions, parlimentary system, who's who etc), but there is talk about stopping this as too many people are failing :confused:

It's true about most people speaking English, but you'll notice people get much more freindly if you give it a go.

It's handy having your parents in sunny spain as you have a great holiday destination, taking the kids to rainy England just doesn't quite have the same ring to it ;)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:banghead: Don't be fooled by the sunny spain bussiness. I took my eldest at the end of may. My folks live in the mountains. Bloody 4C the first night. Guess what idiot only pack shorts and T-shirts lol. I always try to have a go at the lingo. I hate it when some of my fellow countrymen just asume that every one should speek English. Or they do that faulty towers thing and speek louder, slower English LOL.
Neil

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I went to the Costa Del Sol earlier this year, few days of golf & beer with the boys. It pissed it down all the time we were there. We're trying tenerife next year :rockon:
So you really went away for beers with the boys then lol?