R&G Swingarm Protectors

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought some R and G Swingarm Protectors on ebay to match my frame slides and fork protectors. Again, it was easier to find them when searching for FZ1 or R6 or whatever the model was that they fit to as well.

They fit on really easily just as the fork protectors did without needing any dismantling of the bike etc. They finishes it all off nicely and will hopefully offer more protection in the event of a drop.

Here they are as I received them:-

Here you can see how much smaller they are than the fork protectors:-

They stick out about the same amount as the fork protectors:-

Here's a nice view of them installed from above:-

Here's a side view too:-

This pic shows how much they stick out from the rear:-

Last edited:

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
What's the part number for the 07-09 swingarm sliders? They're no longer listed on the R&G website and they won't respond to my emails.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a question for anyone that knows. Does anyone make fork sliders/protectors for the R6S??? I did the R6 fork mod and I've got '07 R6S forks on my FZ6, but I can't find any to fit them. I'm not even sure how they would attach, since the R6S forks have a long bolt for an axle...anyone know???

Sorry to threadjack...

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
What's the part number for the 07-09 swingarm sliders? They're no longer listed on the R&G website and they won't respond to my emails.
It's weird they vanished off the site and I had a quick google and couldn't find them. There don't even seem to be any on ebay any more. I can't remember the number, sorry. There's some damn cheap ones out there that look the same for the R6 though!

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a question for anyone that knows. Does anyone make fork sliders/protectors for the R6S??? I did the R6 fork mod and I've got '07 R6S forks on my FZ6, but I can't find any to fit them. I'm not even sure how they would attach, since the R6S forks have a long bolt for an axle...anyone know???

Sorry to threadjack...

Crashbobbins stuff is cheaper than R&G and made of the same material. Here is the mail I got from the ebay seller http://myworld.ebay.com/crashbobbinprotectors?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1181
I hate to confuse the issue but r&g are not delrin (trade name for material spec called acetal)they use high density polyethelene,same as we do.How do i know,we buy from the same importer here in the uk who buys from italy and germany.HDPE,as its known its softer than acetal (delrin),softer i here you say,yes softer it will total destroy itself during a spill but more importantly absorbing shock in doing so.Acetal (delrin) is discussed by some people as the best,these people are not in the know,the bobbins are just scuffed in a fall/slide and to me not absorbing shock at all.Graduall Disintegration are properties that crash protection bobbins need to have and superb slide properties are the key factors for choice of this material.Im taking the liberty of sending you a photo to your email address of a crash tested bobbin,look at it closely,it tells you everything without any words needed really,ok,kind regards.

He has them for R6 too. I have both front and rear axle sliders.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, Crazy! That's a great help!

brad, I have no idea if the R6 swingarm sliders will fit, but I'm pretty sure the fork sliders won't. I was asking because I've got R6S forks on my FZ6 and the axle on the R6S forks is different from the FZ6 axle. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the FZ6 front axle is kinda like a tube...whereas, the R6S axle is more like a bolt.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like R&G have a new web site and I was able to search and find all sorts of goodies for the FZ6 (this was a 05 FZ6 search) and the seem to now list what version and year of FZ6 each part will fit!

http://www.rg-racing.com/browseBike/Yamaha/FZ6/2005.aspx
The Spindle sliders show up there but not on 07 or higher as R&G seem to think that they don't fit on the 07+. I can confirm that they do before anyone asks!