R6 Track Bike Update

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Since I bought my R6 back in October I've managed to get it to the track twice, and I've had a fun time with it, the bike totally rails. I've also pulled a lot of basic maintenance; oil/filter, valve adjust, throttle body sync, coolant change, OEM air filter, plugs, new tires, grips, and a dyno tune. I also added a few new parts; OEM saddle, new hugger, fuel tank (the old one split a seam due to a non venting Vortex gas cap :() and a bunch of small parts (M/C caps, $100 in new bolts, clutch cable, brake lever, clutch lever, etc.) I also added a few new, trick bits; Woodcraft rearsets, and an Arrow FULL Ti exhaust system. Next up is basic suspesion maintenance; shock and fork rebuilds. Once that is done she will be fully surviced. Tomorrow is a stealth run to settle all the new parts in. :innocent:

View attachment 35428

View attachment 35429

View attachment 35430

View attachment 35431

Sick looking bike Pete!

Are your plastics orange and the tank's red? Pretty welding on that header!!

Sick looking bike Pete!

Are your plastics orange and the tank's red? Pretty welding on that header!!

Hi Cliff, thanks. Yes red tank and orange plastics. I was thinking of painting the tail section Kawi green, and the fairing lowers Yamaha blue; kinda of a Bennetton F1 look, maybe? Or maybe not.

The welds that Arrow produces are amazing. The beads are all the same size, totally uniform to one another. The fit is prefect too, tight, and all of the fittings are machined. It has great sounds, and totally barks! Too loud for the street but great of the track. Arrow is my new favorite exhaust.

Hi Cliff, thanks. Yes red tank and orange plastics. I was thinking of painting the tail section Kawi green, and the fairing lowers Yamaha blue; kinda of a Bennetton F1 look, maybe? Or maybe not.

The welds that Arrow produces are amazing. The beads are all the same size, totally uniform to one another. The fit is prefect too, tight, and all of the fittings are machined. It has great sounds, and totally barks! Too loud for the street but great of the track. Arrow is my new favorite exhaust.

Yeah, they make a set for Triumph's bikes too and are amazing! I just can't justify them for my bike since I do all street riding and already like the sound of the stock system. My demo bike had the full Arrow system and was crazy loud and deep.

Yes! I was thinking how great the welds looked. Even the logo bug stamped on the exhaust tip looks classy.
I really like the pics of you down on the tank and off the the bike in one of the turns from the last track pics you took. The bike and rider look super! :rockon:

Back